Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna upcoming TSV, 3/11/19

@RealtyGal2 

You can also google her s*e*x book that her teenage daughter said on tv was how she learned everything she knows.

Not cool.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I could not care less about her book but that's just me.

What I care about are things she has said to other women on her social media and the way she acts on tv.  Yes it's a reality show but if she's going to put herself out there, then she takes the chance that not everyone is going to like what she does.

The way she and many others acted at Andy Cohen's baby shower was embarrassing at best.     

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Teenagers need sex education on the basics at this age, wellness, what happens to body, safe sex, etc. But I hardly think a teenager needs to read a book by her Mom on Sexual Technique. I have not read the book and I won't.  Most people I know don't even want to think about their parents having sex. That is the truth. My parents and my inlaws I am sure have a sex life even in their mid 70's and early 80's. Both sets of parents are healthy enough and have relationships that have lasted over 50 years. Do I want to know their details? Not when I was a kid and never ever now or at any time.

I know alot of great parents teaching their kids about a healthy relationship and sex and never do they give them a book or manual on their own sex life. That is so far removed from the typical family. This is coming from a  women who no longer is in touch with the majority of women and their values as a Mom. Maybe not everyone, so don't complain.

I was teaching all my kids at that age about the body, safe sex, healthy values, waiting for marriage or at least waiting for the right person and what that looks like. I used to teach child development and parenting along with Wellness classes. I always hoped they would learn some things at home but this is not one of them. Lastly, even if she did share this book, the teenage years is not the time. She needs to at least be graduated from high school at minimum.  I am not a Housewives person although I did watch it a few years ago. It is so far removed from most women I know. I think the last show I ever watched was of Lisa Rinna getting ready for a event. She has a woman who comes in her home to wax her. They actually showed Lisa laying on her bedroom floor getting waxed down there.  Of course they blurred out her Vulva area but it was way toooo much information. 

I would love to see Mally Roncal replace Lisa Rinna. She is a wonderful woman who is a celebrity in her own right. She works with the most well known celebrities. I would love to see her create a clothing line in California Chic. Mally is so fun, kind, full of energy and has some great values from what I can see. Mally is an artist by profession. I bet she would be fantastic. Just because a person is very wealthy it does not mean we should look to them for advice on anything or fashion.  R Kelly is an example of this. We need some one we can get behind and be proud of their fashion. Isaac Mizrahi., Lori Goldstein, Marla Wynne, Diane Gilman. Barefoot Dreams background history, I can proud to wear their fashions. 

Frequent Contributor

I love Lisa's pants and have one of her dusters, which I always get compliments on. This TSV will be an easy pass for me as there is too much rayon in the fabric and I see it getting very wrinkled.

Esteemed Contributor

Want a real eye opener on who this woman really is? Just take a look at her Twitter page. 

Occasional Contributor

Well said! I applaud you!

Respected Contributor

@Seastarluv 

Thank you for your post.  So well put and full of common sense.  You must have been an excellent teacher.

Honored Contributor

Love LR's fashion items and her energy.

Btw, thank goodness that the cable news/ 'reality' shows/ etc. aren't available to me.

As she once said, more or less,  during an interview, 'It's a show'. 

(In other words, in my words, 'It's entertainment'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I generally like LR's items even though the majority aren't my style.  And, I am a fan of the female designers.  Bob Mackie is the only male designer I'll buy. 

But - she occasionally has something I really like. About once or twice year she comes up with something good for me.   Her cowl neck tunic is a perfect example.  I eventually bought four of the colors!   Looks/fits fantastic.

If I don't like a vendor - I don't even bother watching their QVC appearances.   

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Love LR's fashion items and her energy.

Btw, thank goodness that the cable news/ 'reality' shows/ etc. aren't available to me.

As she once said, more or less,  during an interview, 'It's a show'. 

(In other words, in my words, 'It's entertainment'.  

@ROMARYThe only reality show I watch is Survivor and that is only because my DH likes it.  I like Lisa's line and have purchases a few.