Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna tsv on July 22?

[ Edited ]

I do not see many actual rude, insulting posts about people's weight on this board. I can think of one trollish poster, but everyone knows her for what she is. And certainly, there are occasional very undiplomatic posts here and there, and they are called out immediately.

If someone does suggest advice or even happens to talk about the problem of obesity, that is NOT the same thing. They should not be conflated with the boorish behavior that is being discussed here regarding a "reality" show person whom I had never heard of before QVC (not a fan of "reality" shows).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I'll probably get flamed for this.. but I really like Lisa's line.  Then again I like Logo too and they both flatter my figure.   I may not like what I have read about her rant - but I don't let my feelings about the woman color my feelings about her clothes.  I bought every color of her last TSV and plan to watch her shows tomorrow.     One other thing to remember is that the whole "reality show" appeal is vitriol and drama.  I'm sure that Lisa - for the right or wrong reason - was following a script.   And as far as Instagram have any of you read the posts of those that attacked her?   Maybe she had cause to defend herself.

Honored Contributor

There are a few posters who routinely make comments about someone's weight but they are few and far between. These boards are certainly NOT full of fat shaming comments, etc.  That is a gross exaggeration.

That being said, I have read a number of times that posters are upset with what LR said about QVC customers.  LR said nothing about QVC customers.  It was a rant on Twitter about women in general, not specifically aimed at anyone.

Occasional Contributor

You must be kidding.   I wonder how many of us remember and will not purchase?    I certainly will not ever purchase her merchandise.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are a few posters who routinely make comments about someone's weight but they are few and far between. These boards are certainly NOT full of fat shaming comments, etc.  That is a gross exaggeration.

That being said, I have read a number of times that posters are upset with what LR said about QVC customers.  LR said nothing about QVC customers.  It was a rant on Twitter about women in general, not specifically aimed at anyone.

That is correct.  Her comments were aimed toward those who were involved in the back and forth with her on Twitter. She made derogatory comments about fat women in that instance.  As well as other rude insults. So no..not aimed toward Q shoppers, but insulting to many women, in general. 

Regular Contributor

I totally agree and I really think QVC should have dumped her and her line. The last time she was on I commented but all my posts were deleted. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what this woman has said on Twitter or anywhere else, but it can't be as bad as what the women on this shopping board has said about the QVC show hosts.  

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

I don't know what this woman has said on Twitter or anywhere else, but it can't be as bad as what the women on this shopping board has said about the QVC show hosts.  

Whatever anyone has said about QVC hosts ( and I don't bash them) is irrelevent in this context.

The ladies who post here are not trying to sell anything to anybody!

When you are a vendor who sells your wares on this site, your comments do matter!

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Ahhh I'm pretty sure you haven't gone to look up what Lisa said then. I can't even repost it here because it's too vulgar it'd be immediately removed. Yes, it's that bad.

Valued Contributor

All the ugliness aside - this TSV is just unappealing. The knit pattern looks like something that'd be on a walmart rack. She is talking about how thin it is like that's a plus. Cheap garbage. They'll be trying to get rid of this thing for AGES.