Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna TSV - Cardigan

@SunValley wrote:

To address the topic, the cardigan duster seems to be part of the revolving door in fashion. Been there, done that. The material is too much trouble to care for and grabs across the back. No thanks.

I realize that privacy is much more difficult in this age of immediate and unfiltered communication tools, so celebrity lives are exposed in a way not seen even 10 years ago. People make mistakes and we as a nation are good about giving second chances. But where and when is the line crossed and one is held accountable with consequences. Apparently society still tolerates slurs against those who are overweight and it's also ok to stereotype them as toothless and hoarders of cats with some vulgar language thrown in about body parts. I say this because she is still welcome on the Q and had a live audience show to boot. It is apparent to me that her behavior is acceptable to a large number of people.

The only difference I can make in this situation is to start with me, so I will not buy anything she sells. And maybe if I am truthful, I have never cared for her line, so this isn't a great sacrifice, but I just won't give her my money nor my respect. I hope I would react the same to any vendor who publicly writes, without apology, such vile things against women. 

I think your well-reasoned response is the best!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna TSV - Cardigan

@Colinka thank you.