Trusted Contributor

Lisa Rina TSV top sizing and quality questions

I have never purchased anything by her.  I am wondering about the top pilling-anyone with experience on her knits?  Also, I have checked the sizing guide for this garment but still wonder how her things run. I wear a medium in Susan Graver (and I know her medium is larger than most).  It seems the chest measurements provided are not always a good indication of the fit.  Any information you can share would be appreciated. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa Rina TSV top sizing and quality questions

1. I always check the "click" here for measurements. There you find many more measurements than just bust measurements. Still it is sometimes difficult to interpret those to your individual body, but it does, at least, help.  Best wishes, Solar
Valued Contributor

I have her knit cowl neck from last year in black and love it! This new one looks very similar in style except that this one has the side slits and also a seam in the back. I also think it may be a little longer with the high/low hem. I love how super soft her knit is and I haven't noticed any pilling whatsoever in the one I own and believe me I wore it constantly last Fall and Winter under dusters and ponchos. I'm thinking about possibly getting this one but I missed the presentation at midnight so I'm hoping to catch it later to see it on the models. If it's the same knit as her older version, I would definitely recommend. Oh, and as far as sizing, I stayed with my usual size and it fit perfect (not too big or too small). But keep in mind, I'm basing this on her last year's cowl version. HTH.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to both of you for your excellent info and insights.  Think I'll take a chance. Colors are quite pretty.

Respected Contributor

After watching the presentation, it appears to be sized true to QVC sizing...maybe a little generous.  I am going to order my normal size medium...just trying to make a decision on the color.  For ladies who are small busted with more narrow shoulders, you may be able to size down.  Since I plan to wear it with leggings, I won't mind if it's a little oversized.

Respected Contributor

For me  it’s just too long in back (even the petite). I have short legs and unless I would wear high heels- which I won’t , this top would look disproportionate, and not good.  Great for ladies with long legs, like Lisa...   Not all fashions work on every body type... 

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased several of her pieces through the years and find them to be of good quality and true to size. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Frequent Contributor

I pre-ordered & received this top - it's beautiful & runs true to LR sizing. Although I'm 5'7", I ordered a petite XXS so it would be a little shorter. I love the quality & style but a word of warning: the fabric is MUCH thinner than last year's tunic (that I also love & wear constantly.) This knit is so fine-gauge that it is tee shirt weight. I will have to layer heavily to incorporate it into my winter wardrobe or (sigh) just save it for spring. Hope this helps!
Esteemed Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
I pre-ordered & received this top - it's beautiful & runs true to LR sizing. Although I'm 5'7", I ordered a petite XXS so it would be a little shorter. I love the quality & style but a word of warning: the fabric is MUCH thinner than last year's tunic (that I also love & wear constantly.) This knit is so fine-gauge that it is tee shirt weight. I will have to layer heavily to incorporate it into my winter wardrobe or (sigh) just save it for spring. Hope this helps!

It doesn't surprise me. In the pictures, you could see through the material on the lower hem in the back. IMHO, you could get a better price in the B&M stores or online with all the sales.