Frequent Contributor

We liked Lisa as a host. I could see if ""bob"" returned and his product had a 1 star review. But Lisa......sad.

Valued Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I don't think that she was on her way out at QVC...QVC has many Older Hosts..Jane Brown & Jane Treacy & Mary Beth & Carolyn & Pat James & Leah and Both Dan's are all OVER 50...So, I really don't think she was on her way out. I do know that she suffers from Lupus and maybe was having health problems at the time??? But I was shocked when she decided to leave ,unlike Patti Reily,Lisa seemed to be well liked by all.

Exactly. Too many other hosts are her age and older. In the last year or so that she was on the Q, she was commuting from NYC and seemed to work less than full-time. I assume that was her choice. I don't think she was pushed out.
Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 brii said:
On 7/1/2014 colliegirls said:

Working at the Q is a good gig for the hosts. Seems like most of them who leave realize that they do not have the skills to make that kind of money elsewhere. She did have broadcast experience so it is too bad that she didn't find what she wanted. Unlike many who post here, I never found her to be that sincere, I always felt her personality was "put on". When I saw her with Supersmile the first time, she seemed to be on the <em>big sell</em> mode.

I'm in the minority too. I always found her very phoney and fake.

Me too. I also thought she could be condescending at times.

I had to laugh at her presentation of the TSV last night with Shawn. People talk about Lisa R. looking into the monitor. Wow. Lisa M. was practically fixated with herself in that monitor.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa's eyebrows look like Patrician Heaton's (In the Middle, Everyone loves Raymond) right after she had her facelift (which she admitted to having). Way too high and unnatural.

Esteemed Contributor

I only caught one presentation and she didn't mention her days at QVC. Actually, she barely got in any words with that Q Check host, Rachel, who took over the entire presentation. Lisa M just kept saying, "yes. . .yes. . .yes. . .yes. . ." in response to all of Rachel's tidbits about the product. It was clear that Rachel was in the lead. Don't know why they'd bring in a rep for the vendor if the QVC host is going to be the know-it-all expert.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/1/2014 rudy said:

I loved her as a show host. I wish she'd come back.

I agree with you, rudy! And she was LIGHT YEARS better than several of the hosts they have now.

Valued Contributor

She was in ""hard sale"" mode for that toothpaste. I always thought she was rude to Valerie and her southern charm was an act.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Q2girl said: She was a Grammy winner in the past.

Grammy? Or Emmy?

Esteemed Contributor
I always believed that maybe she gave up her position at the Q because she suffers with MS. There were many times it seemed she was fighting through the pain during a presentation and I always wondered how she dealt with "flares" while working. For those of you not familiar with them, you could be down days to months with them at a time. I always enjoyed Lisa and thought of her as a first class professional. I miss her.
Honored Contributor

Oh! Really! You need to be young to be a newscaster? Not in the Washington, DC area. Where I live we have a mixture of ages. The men are mostly in their 40'a, 50's and some 60's.

The females are all at least 30 something and most are in their late 40's and some 50's. Maybe that's true on GMA or whatever some of those early morning shows are (I don't get up that early) but on the mid-day and all of the other news the women are I guess what some of you would call mid or old(er). Not as old as me (I'm old) but they are attractive (not beautiful). They look like someone who takes care of themselves, but some are a little chunky (like me, I'm a lot chunky).

My point is the person who posted that they are all young is wrong.