Honored Contributor
I wish Lisa M. the best, but she was not someone I enjoyed as a host. She was controlling, especially with Valerie Parr Hill. I think she fooled a lot of people.
Frequent Contributor

A little off topic, but don't you wonder how the hosts can have a "real" life with their on-air schedules? Lisa Mason seemed to have a lot of opportunities she wanted to pursue. I feel bad that a "real" opportunity" didn't work out for her.

I often wonder how Pat Dimentri, Dan Hughes, etc. can get up in the middle of the night, work 3-4 hours on air in addition to pre-air time, and have a life outside of QVC. Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit for their energy level. QVC does not seem to re-hire hosts, so I doubt that is an option for Lisa Mason. And yes, I would love to see a "Real Hosts of QVC!"

One other question I would like answered: How do people know that Lisa Mason has Lupus? The woman works out, worked crazy hours, and shows no signs usually associated with that malady. I'm not looking for a fight - just interested in how people seem to know this.

Respected Contributor

She had also said previously that her and Gino were into buying and selling real estate and had done very well. And that they were going to continue with that.

I loved Lisa as a host. Found her calm, soft spoken, funny, classy and sassy. It pains me to say I don't like her as a company rep. It's not her fault, I'm sure she is told exactly how to act. I just don't care for the new persona.

Honored Contributor

I doubt it is her age, but I don' think any station would hire someone who had been a QVC host to do the news. You lose all credibility as a reporter having been on QVC.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 MadamAnne said:

A little off topic, but don't you wonder how the hosts can have a "real" life with their on-air schedules? Lisa Mason seemed to have a lot of opportunities she wanted to pursue. I feel bad that a "real" opportunity" didn't work out for her.

I often wonder how Pat Dimentri, Dan Hughes, etc. can get up in the middle of the night, work 3-4 hours on air in addition to pre-air time, and have a life outside of QVC. Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit for their energy level. QVC does not seem to re-hire hosts, so I doubt that is an option for Lisa Mason. And yes, I would love to see a "Real Hosts of QVC!"

One other question I would like answered: How do people know that Lisa Mason has Lupus? The woman works out, worked crazy hours, and shows no signs usually associated with that malady. I'm not looking for a fight - just interested in how people seem to know this.

She was featured in the Insider several years ago. She shared that information then.
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Sooner said:

I doubt it is her age, but I don' think any station would hire someone who had been a QVC host to do the news. You lose all credibility as a reporter having been on QVC.

I agree. Show hosts aren't known for their honesty (whether they are honest or not.)