Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 brii said:

They didn't want her?

I'm sure that wasn't because of QVC.

I'm sure it was. After the age thing. Either one would tank any hope she had of returning to the newsroom.

Super Contributor

Lisa is lovely, but, for newscasting you need to be young and cute. They are not going to hire a 50 plus woman PERIOD. There are plenty of infomercials and such that she can do.... like this tooth product. Personally I find it to be garbage, but, that is her choice if she chooses to represent it.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 chrystaltree said:
On 7/1/2014 brii said:

They didn't want her?

I'm sure that wasn't because of QVC.

I'm sure it was. After the age thing. Either one would tank any hope she had of returning to the newsroom.

If any reputable news source wanted her, it wouldn't have mattered, imo, about QVC.

I do agree that she left before she was pushed out.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad she left when she did before the push came to be so hard-sell. She was, indeed, a class act as a Q host.

Esteemed Contributor

Working at the Q is a good gig for the hosts. Seems like most of them who leave realize that they do not have the skills to make that kind of money elsewhere. She did have broadcast experience so it is too bad that she didn't find what she wanted. Unlike many who post here, I never found her to be that sincere, I always felt her personality was "put on". When I saw her with Supersmile the first time, she seemed to be on the big sell mode.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 colliegirls said:

Working at the Q is a good gig for the hosts. Seems like most of them who leave realize that they do not have the skills to make that kind of money elsewhere. She did have broadcast experience so it is too bad that she didn't find what she wanted. Unlike many who post here, I never found her to be that sincere, I always felt her personality was "put on". When I saw her with Supersmile the first time, she seemed to be on the big sell mode.

I'm in the minority too. I always found her very phoney and fake.

Trusted Contributor

Gee Whiz, I just thought of something. All the previous hosts of The Q could all get together and make a made for TV movie. They could diss on what it was really like behind the scenes. After all, even if they signed a confidentiality agreement, most are not valid after a period of time. Wouldn't it be a hoot to see Kathy Levin ET all. Instead of "Housewives....." it could be "Hosts....."

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can go back to news after being on the Q, go from yes but not back.

Who knows why she left? I would think that after awhile it must get repetitive after the novelty wears off.

For the hosts who have families and live in the area, it seems like a good situation.

Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed seeing Lisa Mason again and miss her presentations, which were great without all the hype and excessive push to sell. I am certain Lisa explored her options before she left.

Respected Contributor

Guess I'm in the minority here, but this doesn't ring true to me, or at least not completely true. She left and was writing a book, which eventually she did get published and went on a book tour. She also had a background with PBS and did do some PBS work after leaving in addition to public speaking. Those were supposedly her passions when she left. I suppose having to continually push and market yourself vs a guaranteed regular paycheck wasn't all she hoped it would be and perhaps then tried for news broadcasting.