Esteemed Contributor
On 7/2/2014 beaches21 said: I always believed that maybe she gave up her position at the Q because she suffers with MS. There were many times it seemed she was fighting through the pain during a presentation and I always wondered how she dealt with "flares" while working. For those of you not familiar with them, you could be down days to months with them at a time. I always enjoyed Lisa and thought of her as a first class professional. I miss her.

I believe Lisa has Lupus. I do not remember ever seeing her suffer on camera, she has always seemed so healthy to me, which is good.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/2/2014 colliegirls said:
On 7/2/2014 beaches21 said: I always believed that maybe she gave up her position at the Q because she suffers with MS. There were many times it seemed she was fighting through the pain during a presentation and I always wondered how she dealt with "flares" while working. For those of you not familiar with them, you could be down days to months with them at a time. I always enjoyed Lisa and thought of her as a first class professional. I miss her.

I believe Lisa has Lupus. I do not remember ever seeing her suffer on camera, she has always seemed so healthy to me, which is good.

My mistake , it is Lupus. Sometimes those that suffer with a chronic illness become very good at covering it up, some who suffer the same can recognize the symptoms.
Frequent Contributor

I keep reading posts here that say Lisa Mason has Lupus. She sure looks perfectly healthy, and is big on exercise and running. I wish I had arms like hers! What makes everyone think she has this chronic illness, and what symptoms are you referring to?

Super Contributor
On 7/2/2014 anniebear said:

I keep reading posts here that say Lisa Mason has Lupus. She sure looks perfectly healthy, and is big on exercise and running. I wish I had arms like hers! What makes everyone think she has this chronic illness, and what symptoms are you referring to?

I know one thing from seeing pictures on her facebook page. She no longer has any Eyebrows and seems to have painted them on a bit high. I noticed that right off. Maybe Lupus affects you with some hair loss. I wish her well and if the Q asked her back I guarantee there would be so many happy ladies shopping that husbands everywhere would be using foul language.

Super Contributor

I thought she left because a full time job was too difficult with her health issues. I'm sure its much easier being a vendor and doing voice overs than the grueling hours at QVC. Very few hosts work regular hours, they are all over the place~

Esteemed Contributor

I was able to watch a little bit of her presentation when the TSV first aired and again last night for the Final Presentation. She was one of my favorite hosts when she was on and I was sorry to see her leave.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/2/2014 anniebear said:

You can have a chronic illness and still have a workout regimen. Exercise is the best thing you can do for yourself with a chronic illness. People with MS, lupus , fibromyalgia and other painful CI's have "flares" and they cannot workout during those times. As for Lisa, she discussed her illness at one time but I don't remember the particulars.
Trusted Contributor

Gino her husband has a hair salon in NYC and she was splitting her time between the two cities. She also has Lupus (sp?), and that might have been a factor. She had a website, promoting a book and speaking engagements. It seemed a logical choice to move to NYC

Respected Contributor

All I can say is that I miss her as a show host.

Valued Contributor

I always liked Lisa's presentations as she was so calm and informative. She was not a pushy salesperson and this probably hurt her. I recall her saying on one occasion that you shouldn't buy what you can't afford .... so true... but not good for QVC sales! Also, maybe the hours at the Q were not workable due to her health issues. I wish Lisa all the happiness in the world. Still miss her!