Valued Contributor

This morning while she was presenting today's TSV..she was talking about how a nice smile and white teeth can make you happy and she proceeds to say why she LEFT QVC..She was trying to get back into serious NEWS Reporting....and she found out that and these are her words...They didn't want her....and then she stopped talking about it and went on about the Toothpaste..I could see that she realized that perhaps it was a mistake to give up her position as a QVC host....just my observation...

Super Contributor

The #1 thing I loved about Lisa Mason as a QVC saleswoman (which is what it is) was that she came across as truthful and honest.

That doesn't surprise me that she'd be honest and say she gambled on getting a different job, and it didn't pan out. But unlike Patti R, she didn't blather on-air while still employed by QVC about all her grandiose plans, name drop, etc. Lisa just left to pursue other options.

Respected Contributor

Maybe she said that in hopes QVC would want her back. I would like to see LM go back to QVC.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it's more involved than this. Didn't she investigate her options prior to resigning? She's a smart cookie. Life's complicated and not as simple as you implySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

They didn't want her?

I'm sure that wasn't because of QVC.

Valued Contributor

She made it sound like she gambled and lost....It sounded like she was a victim of AGE..her comments were preceded by someone saying how White Teeth and a Nice Smile make you feel & look YOUNGER......so when you go out into the real world,if you have those things you will succeed...and apparently in Her case it wasn't TRUE!

Super Contributor

Maybe she left about the time the economy tanked, and she didn't have to "settle" for a salary or position she didn't find to her liking. Employers drastically cut starting salaries, perks, etc., I know first hand. But rather than take a job/salary she didn't want, perhaps she decided to pick and choose what she wants to do. GREAT lady!

Frequent Contributor

I turned on the tv this morning to watch Today but the tv was on QVC. I heard the voice but it was a bit before they went back to the host(s). It was nicer hearing / seeing her again.

Honored Contributor

Could be she was just ""filling air"". Lisa Mason is a class act. Sounds like she found an amazing opportunity outside the ""Q Nest"" & is pleasantly succeeding. Wish nothing but the best.

Honored Contributor

She's no fool, she should know the tv news business and she should have known that...that boat had sailed for her. She'd been away too long and was too old to re-enter it. Not to mention that she had no credibility as a reporter after selling stuff on shopping channel. I suspect she knew that her days at QVC were numbered and left before they pushed her out. But she has a job as a product representative and she does some informercials. She's making a living.