Respected Contributor

Last night Frog Prince SOLD OUT.  So why is it available now again this morning?

I have seen this tactic numerous times.....

Respected Contributor

Because people who automatically put things in their cart (which counts for sold out) change their minds and cancel.

Trusted Contributor

As I understand it, folks put an item in their carts and then end up not pulling the trigger, so when the dust settles the items pop back up for sale again. Or they are put on check hold and then taken off.  I also surmise (not confirmed, however, just my opinion), that there are only a certain number of items allocated at any 'special price'  or easy pay and that there may be more inventory, but they are allocated to be sold at a higher price later. Much like discounted airline seats, there are a only a designated few to be sold at a reduced price.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen???

[ Edited ]

I caught 5 minutes of that presentation. $25 + $3S&H + tax?

These used to be $1 in any drugstore. If you google "mood changing lipstick", you'll find them for $1.50-9.00 online and in CVS, etc.

This is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen???

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Last night Frog Prince SOLD OUT.  So why is it available now again this morning?

I have seen this tactic numerous times.....

Hi @bargainsgirl .. I could be mistaken, but I think I have heard that the Q only sets aside  a certain number at a specific price.  Once all those sell out, if there are any left over they sell them at the regular price

Respected Contributor

I hope someone from the Q can chime into this thread.

My understanding is that if you put it in your cart it does not count as sold, you need to complete the sale to do so.

People order then cancel.  Inventory might have been adjusted.  Last minute reorder with the manufacturer.  Can't say for sure but a host pushing the sold out then it doesn't actually sell out.  Many reasons.

Honored Contributor
Tested this brand in person. Save your $$$!!
Respected Contributor

I seldom pay full price for makeup, but I purchased all three Frog Prince items individually as soon as they came out. I love them all and they are worth it to me because I use them regularly. When I used to purchase drugstore lip products, there were so many choices/colors and they seemed so cheap I would buy lots of them and end up tossing many of them. Sorry, just realized I went way off topic ☺️

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

I caught 5 minutes of that presentation. $25 + $3S&H + tax?

These used to be $1 in any drugstore. If you google "mood changing lipstick", you'll find them for $1.50-9.00 online and in CVS, etc.

This is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen. 

@ILTH   You are absolutely correct; these are the cheapest lipsticks in a drugstore.   I bought a set of 4 for $12.00 a couple years ago on Rue Lala.  I wear them at home when I'm feeling wildly festive.  

The Queen is a marketing genius. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
I tried this brand, I bought , let them eat cake? , it's a gorgeous color. But no sooner than applying it- it comes right right back off. It does not have any staying power. Definitely not worth the money!!