Respected Contributor

What are your thoughts on these? I really love them and usually buy a small box to have around during Christmastime. The price doesn't seem all that special to me but it's been over a year since I've bought them at the stores. We have two very good chocolatiers locally but I always like to venture out and get my favorites from other sources.

Valued Contributor

I know Sams Club and Costo usually have special boxes and such with these around the holidays. I didn't think the price was that stellar either. 

Respected Contributor

I am just so surprised to see these as a TSV.  I know they are delicious, but these are readily available everywhere.  Walmart has them.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Personally I will always buy local if possible.   You really cannot rely on the Q anymore that the order will actually be filled and delivered by the date promised.  (especially holiday season) JMO

Honored Contributor

IMO, if you can get products locally, do so.  Support your local stores.

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

I know Sams Club and Costo usually have special boxes and such with these around the holidays. I didn't think the price was that stellar either. 

yes and yes

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 , I agree about buying local. I'm in a small town and our local businesses are ALWAYS giving to school sports, church groups, etc., something big companies just don't do. It's always good to support our local economy. I can't get this big a supply locally and can only imagine that our local companies would be very happy if I bought 150 truffles from them.

Respected Contributor

Maybe if they had some exclusive flavors of truffles or something other than the just the holiday box..........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's the variety and total count for me.

I have a membership at BJ's.  They have only three of the six truffle flavors offered in this TSV.  However, at BJ's, each count of 60 is a single flavor, for $19.99 each.  So I can buy 120 (just two flavors) for $40, or 180 (three flavors) for $60.  

For me, getting the TSV is like getting an additional 30 pieces, plus much more variety.