Trusted Contributor

Le Creuset 3.5-qt Buffet Casserole with Glass Lid and Tool

K49376

Disappointed.

I love LC, but it's not for me this time, but with the glass lid.  I'd rather the cast iron lid come with the item  because buying the iron lid later they're harder to come by and match the color of the pan....then later buy a glass lid if I wanted one.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

I love the colors, so pretty. I wonder why they did go with the glass lid...I dont need another pan but its very nice. 

⚓️
Frequent Contributor

I was also disappointed. I previously purchased it with the glass lid, but it lets out too much steam. I wish I purchased one with the iron lid. The size of the buffet is nice though

Trusted Contributor

This is a No for me as well.  I love Le Creuset and already have a very similar pan with a cast iron lid which I use almost every day.  Saves me some $$$$. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the oyster one.  I love having the wider handles and the lid.  I also have this pan with the cast iron lid in another color so I can use the glass lid on it as well.

The price is pretty good and maybe the lid will fit some of the other round pots as well.

Honored Contributor

Just fyi, I see Le Creuset at TJMaxx and Marshalls quite a bit.  Of course the selection is limited.  

Respected Contributor
The glass lid would be less heavy than a cast iron lid. I have another brand of cast iron pan this size and shape. It also has a glass lid.
Valued Contributor

One thing I noticed is the glass lid on this is good in the oven up to 450 degrees, hotter temperature than most glass lids can do.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Just fyi, I see Le Creuset at TJMaxx and Marshalls quite a bit.  Of course the selection is limited.  

I've see Le Creuset at my local TJMaxx all the time but its never cast iron.  All they have is the stoneware.

Super Contributor

Glass lid will change the way it cooks and I always find the glass lids I have with other pans hard to clean. They always look smudged even though I know they are clean.

Mint