Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if this TSV is from the "Signature" line of Le Creuset?

I see on the Le Creuset page where they have the available items, the SIgnature line is identified as such...and the TSV, with it's long description, is not.

I think this many be the "Classic" line ( the TSV) which is the older version.

Signature line has higher quality enamel, wider loop handles, knobs that are higher temperature use, a tighter fit lid, and a slighly different logo 

(I Googled "Signature versus Classic Le Creuset")

Maybe they will further clarify....

According to what I've read, the difference between Signature and Classic is not that great, but there IS a difference.

People should know this before they buy.

It's confusing because the TSV description says good to 500 degrees in the oven, which would indicate Signature Series, but the written description does not identify it as such.

I wish they'd list the side height WITHOUT the lid, too.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen Interesting points!  I have several Le Creuset pieces and I really don't know if they are "Signature" or "Classic".  The ones that I do have with lids all have a black knob on the top of the lid not a silver one like the TSV.

Respected Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV Nov 15

[ Edited ]

When I look at You Tube videos comparing Signature to Classic, it LOOKS like the TSV has the lid of the Signature line....but  I wish they would clarify it....

The position of the circular rings on the lid are different on the Signature line and the Classic line, in relation to the knob....

Maybe when they present it they will be more forthcoming.

Trusted Contributor

What color sold out this morning?  So many left, can't imagine what's missing!

Trusted Contributor

Ah...David just said it was Meringue, the off white.

Respected Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV Nov 15

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

Does anyone know if this TSV is from the "Signature" line of Le Creuset?

I see on the Le Creuset page where they have the available items, the SIgnature line is identified as such...and the TSV, with it's long description, is not.

I think this many be the "Classic" line ( the TSV) which is the older version.

Signature line has higher quality enamel, wider loop handles, knobs that are higher temperature use, a tighter fit lid, and a slighly different logo 

(I Googled "Signature versus Classic Le Creuset")

Maybe they will further clarify....

According to what I've read, the difference between Signature and Classic is not that great, but there IS a difference.

People should know this before they buy.

It's confusing because the TSV description says good to 500 degrees in the oven, which would indicate Signature Series, but the written description does not identify it as such.

I wish they'd list the side height WITHOUT the lid, too.

I posted about this topic as well. If you look at Williams Sonoma website they don't sell this line. So I jumped to the conclusion it's an old line from Le Creuset. Not liking how they labeled their  giant name on the side. From your post, sounds like the Le Creuset I like & sold at WS is the Signature line. Didn't know about the details on temperature differences.

These aren't even on Le Creuset's website. The big label collection. Must be older model.