Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the lid from the 6.5 quart deep Dutch oven will work on the 4.25 quart piece?  The Dutch oven was a special Le Creuset purchase about 4 months ago.  I have contacted the Le Creuset company and also asked the question in the Q & A section for the listing on QVC.  No one has answered yet.  I think this would make this set the greatest buy if it does fit.  The TSV is 10 1/4 inches in diameter.  I can't find the diameter of the Dutch oven anywhere.  When I measured it, it is the right diameter if the interior is what is measured.  If it is to the outside, the Dutch oven is about 10 1/2 inches. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV - Need help!

The Le Creuset rep on QVC tonight said that you need to look on the piece you are trying to match.  The number (like 25, 26, 28, or whatever) will be on that piece on the flip side.  The Le Creuset team still measures in centimeters (European company), he said.  So, if your piece says 26, which is the measurement of the TSV, then it will fit.  The original question was about the 5 1/2 quart and he said that one for sure would fit the TSV.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tuppermore wrote:

Does anyone know if the lid from the 6.5 quart deep Dutch oven will work on the 4.25 quart piece?  The Dutch oven was a special Le Creuset purchase about 4 months ago.  I have contacted the Le Creuset company and also asked the question in the Q & A section for the listing on QVC.  No one has answered yet.  I think this would make this set the greatest buy if it does fit.  The TSV is 10 1/4 inches in diameter.  I can't find the diameter of the Dutch oven anywhere.  When I measured it, it is the right diameter if the interior is what is measured.  If it is to the outside, the Dutch oven is about 10 1/2 inches. 

@Tuppermore Please read my rant about Customer Service or lack thereof in the Customer Care Forum.

Regular Contributor

I just read the answer from the Q & A for the product.  YEAH.....The lid will fit.  That makes this a very, very good deal.  I was planning to buy a 4 quart piece for several of my 1 pot recipes and a 10 1/4 inch skillet for making several breads.  I am so happy the lid will fit!  Now, I am able to buy both of the pieces that I want in one purchase.  It doesn't get any better than this with Le Creuset!

Valued Contributor

What is the number on the bottom? I thought Nate said 30 would work one time but never heard it again. 

Valued Contributor

It is a 26. The base is great but the lis part has a few areas that were not painted white but the main coating is there. I have that on a few other pots but not on a cooking surface. Will try it out and see what happens.