Valued Contributor

I just checked this out and love the size, since I am single. But wish it was priced at $99. I just can't spend more for a casserole. The blues are beautiful, would be hard to decide. At least shipping is free. Anyone getting one or have one already? Worth it?

Valued Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV Dutch Oven

Thinking about it.  Recently looking for a second everyday pan which Cook's Essentials no longer offers, but this could function in similar way.  I have no experience with Le Creuset.  I'm going to sleep on it!

Respected Contributor

I own this in red and it is really a great size and cooks amazingly well. I just spray the inside with Pam and I bake all kinds of things in it. It is rather expensive but this entire line is. I do think if you can afford one though you will enjoy using it. It is the perfect size for myself and my husband.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLCwrote:

I just checked this out and love the size, since I am single. But wish it was priced at $99. I just can't spend more for a casserole. The blues are beautiful, would be hard to decide. At least shipping is free. Anyone getting one or have one already? Worth it?

if you shop at places like Marshall/TJ or Home Goods you can see them there

worth it?  depends on the cooking you do...... years ago I cooked differently than I do now 

but you will get a lifetime from them .

Honored Contributor

I picked up one from TJMax for half the price.   I love it.

Honored Contributor

I have a larger one and a smaller one - love them both, but I have no room for another. 

I was wondering, though, why they are no longer offered with the black hardware.  The two I own have black hardware and I would like them to match if I ever add another piece to my collection.  Is the black considered to be inferior to the silver?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I have several pieces and I'm getting the TSV for my daughter.

Contributor

I read that the metal (stainless steel?) lid knobs are safer in a higher heat oven than the black ones. I saw them individually for sale in the outlet store recently, you can probably find them online also. 

Respected Contributor

Am on the fence. I have a 5 qt pot that I love, am interested in this smaller size. But I'm thinking the weight of 8 lbs is more than I want to deal with. Would I really use it or would I reach for my light weight 3 at pot instead?

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure the metal knobs can be used in the oven at a higher heat, and after you get one you are spoiled by the way they look.  They are REALLY pretty!