Respected Contributor

Re: Le Creuset Dutch Oven TSV 3/16

I bought this exact pot about 15 years ago at TJMAXX for $39.00.  I lucked out.  It is nice BUT way too small to make soups, stews, etc.  unless you make small quantities.  I was lucky back then...could not justify these prices now but they are good pots.

Contributor

I agree.  I cook everyday and I love Le Creuset.  I will never have to replace these and I have gone through alot of pots.  Easy pay lets everyone afford these beautiful pots.

Trusted Contributor

Bought our STAUB 5+ quart Dutch oven from QVC about 13 - 15 years ago.

LOVE it! It has the same quality as Le Creuset. We use it often. It's pricey as well, but I have no complaints. Any Dutch oven less than 5 quarts is not worth my buying, in my opinion  -- REMEMBER: ONE DOES NOT FILL ANY VESSEL TO THE TOP --that would be a MESS! Smiley Wink

-Solar Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

well said @aroc3435 in response to @sarahpanda and I totally agree!  I bought this same vessel many years ago and it's going strong (and will outlive me for certain!).  It does make my food taste better...I can't explain it.  They are weighty pieces but that's why I only get the smaller ones (plus I rarely cook for large crowds, usually only 2-4).  I'm 54 and I'm sure as I get older, it may get harder to handle heavy pots/pans but for now I consider it bone-strengthening for me.  I enjoy using all my LC pieces every day...most every meal.

Regular Contributor

@sarahpanda  I like to cook soups, especially in the fall and winter.  So I bought the Le Creuset dutch oven when it was a TSV last fall and I am very impressed with it. I have added a few more cast iron pieces and I have also invested in Le Creuset's bakeware pieces.  For me, what impresses me the most about Le Creuset's pieces is the even cooking and with the pieces that have lids, the heat and moisture retention. And because of that I do think it makes a difference in the flavor and texture of what I'm cooking/baking.  The TSV price for this Dutch oven is really an excellent price and I think well worth it.  

Respected Contributor

@indiepup   Ha, ha.  I have a lot of things that my grown daughter and son won't want when I die, but I am certain they won't toss my cookware collection of Le Creuset and All Clad!

Cheers

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch that I would purchase if I were just starting out. Le Creuset makes a wonderful product. I have a friend who has replaced all her cookware with the brand and clean-up is so easy. I have an old Staub dutch oven that I got probably 15 years ago that suits my need for a large dutch oven but clean-up is nowhere as easy as LeCreuset. Even grits don't stick!

@Carolina925 I have also replace all of my stainless steel cookware with Le Creuset.  The only stainless piece I have is a pot to cook pasta.  Nothing beats Le Creuset.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone check out Le Creuset's new ( I think) cast iron "bread oven"...!

I wish QVC would TSV it....tired of same ole same ole shapes!

Check it out!!!

I ordered one today in Carribean Blue from Sur La Table. Frees shipping.

Contributor

Tell us how it works.  Looks interesting.  Did you see the new color olive?  I love le creuset.