Trusted Contributor

Re: Le Creuset, 7/15/20, TSV

I'm really on the fence with this one.  There aren't any colors that I love.  I prefer the bright colors that are usually offered through Le Creuset and most of these are muted boring colors (IMO).  I already have a round grill pan in Carribean so I guess I don't really need this one.

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.43.07 AM.png

Okay, I'm safe. have the LC oval skillet, and I use it often, but I'm certainly not in the market for another one.

I was hoping it might be this 2 quart Dutch oven. I have one of these, and it's the most used vessel in my kitchen. If there's an item I could use two of, it's this little pot.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We use this grill all the time.  We have this size and a smaller one.  We do chicken breasts, steaks, veggies, etc. And it is great for cornbread!  Get it hot first.

It is a breeze to clean if you just pour some very hot water in as soon as the food comes out and let that sit for awhile.  Then get a brush or something textured and some dish soap and water and things come right out.

Honored Contributor

The Q is obsessed with grill pans when it comes to LC.  If it's not a grill pan, it's a pot with a grill lid.  Would love to see a regular pot with a regular lid at a decent price, not that I need any more LC.

Enjoy if you're getting it.

Contributor

I really wanted this but my Le Creuset pieces are the Carribean color which this is not offered in. I guess it saves mme oney

Valued Contributor

The shipping charge turned me off. The TSVs I’ve bought in the past had free shipping. Not crazy enough about this one to buy...
Frequent Contributor

I can’t understand why they are not offering the same colors as the last TSV. I will not be ordering as they do not have the Caribbean as others have mentioned.
Respected Contributor

A funny story:

15 years ago I did a lot of big trash drive by's and found lots of good stuff. I would sell on CL and made good money.

One time I found a house where the people moved and in the stuff I found a Le Creuset dutch oven in excellent condition. I didn't know what it was but looked it up and sold it right away for 50.00!

Of course now I wish I had kept it!

I would love the oyster pan and the size is perfect but its still a lot of money and had they offered free shipping I might have bought it.

Trusted Contributor

I really like this grill pan, particularly for steaks and other meats. I will probably buy the Oyster color as I like simple muted colors and already have Le Creuset blue, grey and wn off white in my kitchen. This beauty will be a wedding gift to my son. Just a hint for those looking ofr pots in Le Creuset.....look at Marshall's and TJ MAXX, ours here in CT always carry them at a significant savings.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought 5 for my kids' Christmas presents. As I called each one, the same color was asked for- Coastal Blue, and thats what I had chosen for myself Cat LOL

I have Caribbean, but I wouldn't have chosen that because I like having different shades.  Coastal Blue is so nice, at some point, I'll choose another piece which shows more of the color. I also like the pink.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE