Respected Contributor

I need a recliner. Is this chair worth what they are asking? I know this is a model made for QVC so I can't go try it out in the store. It seems a lot of money without trying it out. DH is having shoulder surgery and will need a recliner for awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Laz y boy Lennon Recliner

Personally I'd suggest that you go to one of their showrooms and try out a few recliners. Just know how big of a chair your room can accommodate because they look smaller in a showroom. If the style QVC is something you'd get anyway, then ordering might be the way to go. The TSV price seemed fair to me.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a lazy boy sofa many many years ago.  A week after it was out of waranty, the fabric started to frsy.  I definitely would go to a showroom to check it out first. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI, La-zy boy is having a sale on their website. You might want to look.

Respected Contributor

I had shoulder surgery a few years ago and I went to a furniture store to buy my recliner.  I found they were just as good as Lazy-Boy and I have Lazy-Boy couches and chairs in my home.  The Lazy-Boy chair in the store didn't seem to me to be any better or more comfortable than the other one I bought.  Just my opinion.  I find the QVC mattresses and chairs are not really made well.  But others might disagree with me.

Super Contributor

I bought a large power lift recliner with heat and massage on Wayfair's Black Friday sale for $429, and so far I LOVE it. There are bargains out there, but they just don't have the LazyBoy name. I went to a furniture store before buying, to narrow down what features I wanted. I also bought a 5 yr additional warranty just in case.
Honored Contributor

The last 2 La-Z-Boys Q offered were $300-$400 less at furniture stores, even chains. Shop around.

Respected Contributor

I bought a Laz Boy sofa not long ago.  It took 9 months to get delivered.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 

Before you go to the store, make sure you have his correct height.  

I made the mistake of trying out a recliner in a store after I had been shopping the whole afternoon: I was very tired.  The chair felt so comfortable so I bought it.

At home I discovered my mistake after sitting in it for a while:  I was a little too short for it as the back top roll hit my head / neck in the wrong place.  This chair would be perfect for a tall person.  It was donated.

The width of the seat is very important also...check the different models to see what would be most comfortable for DH.  Better yet, get him to try them out since he will spend a lot of time in one as he recovers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 

My local Home Goods  just received  many recliners . I've seen various brands offered. If you have a Home Goods store near you maybe  they have some in inventory