Contributor

i have a blue version of this light kind of light but I don't think it is made by the same company I think mine was Blisslights I paid a lot more in  2014. I used it for my wedding and it was perfect and gorgeous.  I am tempted by this but not sure if it is the same quality. Do people that own the Bliss think this one is worth a try?

Regular Contributor

Re: Laser light .... Tempted

[ Edited ]

I own a both a green and red Bliss projector. I have only used them indoors. I purchased them about three years ago. The red one is still vibrant. I use it for Christmas, Valentine's and the 4th Of July. The last time I used the green one at Easter it looked like it lost its vibrancy. I turned it on the other night to use for the rest of the summer and it was vibrant for about two minutes and started to look even dimmer than when I used it for Easter. I have a feeling it will not last for much longer after paying $200 plus whatever QVC was asking for at the time.

I saw the first presentation for this new projector and I was not wowed. My instinct is that it will not last as long as the Bliss one has. The draw is the new "multifunction" and dual colors as well as price point. As for the product itself I think its not as great as marketed. Janine used a projector with green on the green bushes and the shot was quickly changed and she made some excuse like you might not see it well if there is ambient lighting on. As far as I could tell there wasn't any on the set. The hosts are really pushing the two projector purchase even more so than was done with the Bliss lights. I think its because the intensity is weak and well the SALES. As for price its just my opinion but if I paid $200 for Bliss and that isn't lasting I can't imagine something that only retails at $70 doing better. Finally if you look at the stand that was shown it looked super bendable and flimsy exactly like the soft drink cover you would get for pop at a fast food place. No more of this stuff for me.

Regular Contributor

I want to also say that with this projector more than two are probably required to have a real effect and my guess is six. The shot in the video that was presented had a scene with an outdoor fireplace and the lights dancing off it. No way does two projectors produce that effect. Once again I'm gonna say at least ten.

Regular Contributor

I just caught the second presentation and it looks like the hosts rehearsed  and the producer or director made some changes because there are now several more projectors on then there was at the premiere presentation.

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind............if you live near an airport, you can't use these outdoors.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No, I'm not tempted at all.  I just don't like the look of any of these types of lights. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own the StarNight Magic light. I own two Bliss and also two ELF lights. I used both brands indoors, every night. One of my ELF lights lasted about 2 years. The green Biss is still nice and bright, however, the blue one seems to be fading. None of my lights have motion to them. I like it this way. The moving lights would drive me nuts.

My advice is to buy the extended warranty, Square Trade, because these type lights don't last very long whether Bliss or not.

EDIT: It appears that extended warranty is not available for this item, unless I'm seeing it wrong. Maybe someone here can say for sure.

Honored Contributor

These types of decor have never been of interest to me, so I won't be buying, but.....

What I have thought, is that after several years of heavily pushing the Bliss, explaining how the expense of it allows it to not be matched in quality, performance, blah, blah, blah, now this is the best thing since sliced bread, and at a fraction of the cost.

I like that Q will offer similar items in varying price points so people have some options, I understand that technology advances quickly, and prices can fall because of that, overtime.

I guess if I had purchased a bunch of the more expensive line, I'd feel  rather duped right now, especially if they were not working any longer already, or were beginning to fade. I just don't believe that this tremendous price reduction in such a short time is giving one the same quality, especially with all these new features. The price just tells me it has to be inferior in quality, but they are trying to convince me that this is better than what I had already invested in, at a much higher price. I don't like that kind of tactic.

Honored Contributor

I bit.  I figured at that price point, if they work nearly as advertised they would do what I would like.  Not particularly interested in the dancing part or even the 2 colors.  But, I thought I could light up the shrubbery at Christmas.  They're really big hollies and would require really big nets and a ladder to put net lighting on.  We don't put lights on the exterior of the house either, so this would just be a bit of extra lighting for Christmas.  I also thought they might look nice pointed towards the trees/woods in the back yard from a distance so they're spread out.

I did wonder about the air traffic issue.  I'm a few miles from the airport, but am near the landing pattern before they turn towards the airport.  But, if you're not pointing them up, I don't see why they would be a problem.  I guess we'll see.

Honored Contributor

Granted, I only saw about 30 seconds of the TSV presentation this morning, so I know I should watch more.  However, I thought I heard the vendor describe what's being shown on TV as 1) Bliss Lights Laser Projector, 2) Bethlehem Lights strand of lights,  AND 3) today's dancing laser lights.  So while watching this full screen of lights all over the place, do they ever cut all the other items off to show what a purchase of just one TSV will look like??