Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch 

I heard that call too...lol.........I didn't think she hung she hung up herself,actually,I think QVC  cut that call................ 

She had plenty more to say..........lol

Shawn said,"oh,we lost our caller"...............

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma You might be right. I thought she just stated her point and hung up, but it clearly wasn't a call they would have wanted. Shawn could've just droped it, and moved on, but she did bring it back up, with the vendor, which I was glad to see. It was then they made it clear it didn't work for everyone. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook Congratulations on your good results.  
Agree, everyone is in a different position financially.  People should just be responsible and spend as they see fit, but within what they can afford.   

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma I saw that too..LOLOL! I too think she had much more to say and they quickly cut her off hehehe. Good save for Shawn LOL. It wasnt one of those positive praise calls they expected maybe? I did hear her say she has alopecia which is what the device is supposed to be used for I think? Sure brought me out of the "I want one too" stupor when I was reaching for the phone. I wonder why is so expensive? I guess Im just curious. 

New Contributor

I know $1400 is a lot to spend on a laser cap.  But for some of us, it seems almost like a last resort.  For better or for worse, our hair is an intimate part of our self esteem.  When you see your hair thinning, the hairline moving back and parts widening...a level anxiety comes over you.  Even though the world is not focused on your scalp, theres always that level of insecurity that comes from wonderinfg i"f they really do see it".  

I've tried topicals. It's fine for around the hairline, but not feasible for all areas of the scalp.  The injections were painful and can cause side effects if they are used long term.  Multiple supplemtns, exercise and a balanced diet still was not helping.  

I did hear that call from the midnight presentation.  It was unfortunate that QVC ended the call.  I wanted to hear more. 

Had anyone else had similar experiences?  I would appreciate any and all feedback before I make a decision on whether I should make this purchase.  If anyone has any other suggestions on supressing the hair loss, that would be great as well. 

Thank you.  

Honored Contributor

They do work for many people.  I have the much cheaper headband version and would upgrade if I had the excess funds to do so.  Minoxidil makes my scalp itch terribly, an itch you can't find to scratch, not to mention the mess, so that is not an option for me. 

Grande, which also makes Grande Lash and Grande Brow, also has a scalp product of interest, but at $125/bottle after a few bottles you've just paid for one of the Hairmax lower-priced devices which you don't have to buy over and over. 

Honored Contributor

@DeeGeeSoleil you might check over on the Beauty board  There have been several conversations concerning Hairmax products over there over time.  Or, just do a search on Hairmax on the boards.  I'm sure some of those conversations will show up.

Respected Contributor

Like @Pook I have used the Hairmax Laser Comb since 2017, and I no longer have thinning hair at the crown or temples.  @SilleeMee  has the cap, and it has worked wonders for her.  These laser products truly do work for some types of hair loss.  There are many threads on Hairmax products on the beauty board, and on many of them, I have posted before and after pics, so you can judge for yourself!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

$1400 for a device that might grow hair and a cap?  QVC is really out of touch. People are worried about buying food and bring evicted. I am very disappointed in this company, they need a wake up call. 

I spent twice that amount for my CapillusPro cap. I'm very happy with it. I have food and I'm not being evicted so I'm glad I have options for where to spend MY money.

I would be bald if I didn't use a hair laser...no exaggeration and I'm not kidding.

I've been using hair-growth lasers for a decade. They work for me.

Professional hair-loss clinics in my area charge about $60 per session. You need three per week so if you do the math...

Trusted Contributor

I have the original comb style one. I really would like to try the laser cap so am still undecided. I looked at the reviews and to be fair was only 4...need more reviews for a good sampling.. But was only 1 star.....mostly folks having troubles with malfunction of "battery pack" and some problems with HairMax customer service after those malfunctions? 

Wouldnt hurt to try I guess as isnt there a 6 month return policy window? That is generous. Ughh decisions decisions... xxxxx Stormy