Frequent Contributor

Now's you're chance you get a Land Rover!  Never imagined a TS like this- I wonder how well it will do- guess it's a good price for an electric bike though- will be interested to hear the reviews....

Honored Contributor

Rover By Land Rover 500-Watt Folding E-Bike with Pedal Assist

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

With all the fires caused by batteries in electric bikes, it's not an item I would purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Land Rover Bike HSN TS

[ Edited ]

I am one of those people who never really learned to ride a bike. I had one as a kid but hated it. I can't imagine riding one in 100 plus heat and having to compete with all the traffic. I have a friend who rented one on vacation, crashed and broke a couple of ribs. A big no thanks.

Respected Contributor

I saw a lady riding this bike on the walking path near my vacation home. She was moving rather quickly. In fact, I did not think she should be riding on the walking path. I do not know a safe place to ride this bike on winding, narrow streets. It looks like fun. 

Valued Contributor

@NigelSparkles wrote:

With all the fires caused by batteries in electric bikes, it's not an item I would purchase.

My thoughts exactly.

Esteemed Contributor

My bike riding days are over.My friend fell off of her bike last year & fractured her shoulder.I'm fortunate to be in good health.I'd like to stay that way.

Honored Contributor

I would get one in a New York minute if I didn't live in a second story apartment. No way I could get the thing upstairs and the bike huts are full around the complex. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Land Rover Bike HSN TS

[ Edited ]

In college, I had a Moto Guzzi bicycle that also had a motor. I enjoyed riding it as a regular bicycle, but had the security of a small motor assist if I ever had too far to go or too many heavy books in the basket. I was young then and wouldn't ride one now. Riding a regular bicycle was rough on my knees when I hit 50, so I stopped.

And there's so much traffic on the roads nowadays.

Honored Contributor

We would have to load it up and take it somewhere to ride it.  My husband quit riding because it was too dangerous riding over to good riding places.  We live on a big hill and sometimes I'll see guys in racing outfits riding very slowly up it, but that's why they can wear those racing outfits.  I think I would only want electric for assist up hills.  I used to ride my bike all over as a kid. 

Did they ever say why the non-foldable one was $200 more expensive than the foldable one?