Contributor

I have the first one the came out with from QVC its in chestnut. Still going strong and its been so mild so far this fall that I have not wore them as yet. I also have the green in a more resent style from a few years ago. I also will check out the Lamo store online has more of a selection in style but, QVC has more colors in the style they are selling.  And the cheaper price.

Super Contributor

I waitlisted for the forest color.  I bought the Koolaburra boots in camel, so I wanted something a bit different.  I had Lamo boots from the first time they appeared on QVC, but I believe they got lost in a move; I can't find them anywhere.  I loved them, so that was my justification for buying this year's TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

Bear Paws are much better quality & fit.

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 pair,  the forest and the wine colors.  I also recently  got the Koolaburra and the Bear Paws.  I much prefer the Koolaburra to the BP.  THe finish inside is better and the fit is better for me.  I would buy both again but if I had a choice it would be the Koolaburra.  I hope I like the LAMOs.

Esteemed Contributor

UPS just dlivered my Lamo boots today.  Imho they are beautiful!!!  I got the dove and the color with the colors on the back braiding is beautiful!!!!!

Unfortunately, they are going backWoman Sad.  Went to try on one shoe - the zipper is stuck halfway up - totally won't move!!!!!  I had to slide my foot out of the boot; didn't bother to try on the other.

I really, really like these boots, but figure if I send them back 'cause of the defect, with the shipping at this time, I'll be lucky to receive a new pair by JulyWoman Frustrated!  Guess Lamo should have left well enough alone, i.e., no side zipper.

Hope everyone who ordered their boots, without defective zippers, enjoy!  They are beautiful boots!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme, mine arrived today as well, and I love them! I got the gray and I agree that the colorful braiding on the back is so pretty. Regarding the zipper - one of mine is very stiff, but I plan to rub a little wax or soap on it....I'm going to search again what to do for a stiff zipper, but I think that's what I did the last time with a stiff purse zipper.

Regarding the fit, I ordered my natural shoe size 8, and the fit is perfect without socks. Good thing I had planned to wear them without socks! The inside is very plush and cozy. Beautiful and comfortable boots - I'm glad I ordered them!

Edited: bees wax lip balm, bar soap, or candle wax can be used on a stiff zipper. If the zipper is truly stuck, the suggestion was to use a small pliers to gently get the zipper to move and then coat the zipper track with any of the above. I'm sure other ladies here have suggestions as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@eddyandme, mine arrived today as well, and I love them! I got the gray and I agree that the colorful braiding on the back is so pretty. Regarding the zipper - one of mine is very stiff, but I plan to rub a little wax or soap on it....I'm going to search again what to do for a stiff zipper, but I think that's what I did the last time with a stiff purse zipper.

Regarding the fit, I ordered my natural shoe size 8, and the fit is perfect without socks. Good thing I had planned to wear them without socks! The inside is very plush and cozy. Beautiful and comfortable boots - I'm glad I ordered them!

Edited: bees wax lip balm, bar soap, or candle wax can be used on a stiff zipper. If the zipper is truly stuck, the suggestion was to use a small pliers to gently get the zipper to move and then coat the zipper track with any of the above. I'm sure other ladies here have suggestions as well.

Thanx for the tip @jannabelle1 .  I'm just afraid if there's a problem with the zipper right out of the box, it'll only get worse when wearing them in the cold, icy snow.  So, though they are beautiful and fit perfectly, it's a pass for me.  Just don't want to deal with a defective zipper.

Enjoy your beautiful boots though!!!

Respected Contributor

I'll have to monitor the zipper.  I was afraid of that when I saw it featured.  Thankfully I can slip my foot into the boot without using the zipper ...  HOWEVER,  if I'm going to put on a thick sock, that would probably not be the case.   Thanks for the heads up!

I must say,   they are VERY COMFORTABLE.  I bought 2 pair and want to use one outside and the other strictly for indoors.

Respected Contributor

I use a little argon oil on stiff zippers 😁 (being very careful not to get it on the fabric).  Has worked like a charm for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1@itsmagic 

I'm keeping them!!!  Didn't have any argon oil so I used Nassifmd on the zipper and it worked; plus was able to unzip it first - it was no longer stuck!!!!  Think the warmth from the livingroom where I had left them helped - it had been very cold yesterday.  

So thank you soooo much - I really love these boots and I would have returned if it weren't for you!

@nyc1, my zipper's working now - a little sticky, but working.  The zipper on the other boot has been fine.  So, I just got a flukey zipper:  a tiny bit of oil really helped!