Contributor

Re: Lamo TSV boots recalled by QVC before they even got to me

I just put a new post and thought I would post here also. I just re-checked my order status and still shows advanced order, BUT I have an EDD of 11-10-14!! Maybe I will get them soon. My fingers are crossed for everyone{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Contributor

There is another really long thread about this issue if you want to read more about it. Just scroll down in the TSV forum.

This boot situation is an unsolved mystery!!! I'm so curious to find out what the problem was.

Esteemed Contributor

So who picks up the tab for the recall of the Lamo boots TSV a259029 because that's a lot of items that were shipped and then being returned and then presumably being re-shipped again at some point in the future?
Contributor

Mine says it shipped 10/31 but when I click on the link it says there is no tracking info, yet, the first ezpay hit my credit card??????

Contributor

a mystery for sure. I know when I placed my order around 10 am(Central) that morning, over 23,000 had been ordered! I have a feeling we will never know what has taken place. That being said, I still want these boots{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Regular Contributor

I think it is great they recalled them. If the product is not good. Who wants it? I have one on order. I want them for slippers. I will keep the order

Contributor

I agree Robin1869. I'm new to the QVC shopping family. This is my second purchase and a crazy situation went down!!! It's ok though, I would have been more upset to have received something that was damaged, etc... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I returned two pairs of LAMO boots. I believe this is a blessing in disguise. I was NOT impressed with LAMO!
Contributor

Well - I cancelled my ordrer last night -- Had to do it by calling Cust Svc directly tho- because it wouldn't let me cancel on line since the 1st pymt had already been posted to my Credit Card.

I never did recieve an email from QVC about the recall -- I only knew about it because UPS alerted me to the 'request by the sender to return the item' and then i opened a Chat with CS online. really poor communication by QVC. They were QUICK to charge my CC. Not so good at communicating that there was a problem.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the Q. I do the bulk of my shoe shopping with them -- but I will NEVER order another Lamo product. This would have been my 1st lamo -- but it was not meant to be.

Super Contributor

I wonder if they were recalled because of the wording..
:
During the presentations I heard it called ""Faux Fur Lining""
Then I heard it called sheepskin that you can wear
without socks just like the ""other"" expensive brand....
:
If it is faux fur then it cannot be shipped to customers with
a description of ""Sheepskin""
:
I do not know if that could be the problem....