Honored Contributor

Re: Lamo TSV -- 10/31 - quality?

@Furgirl wrote:
Spoiler

I have 2 pairs of last years tsv and love them. The quality was great and I've worn the heck out of them. I'm getting this tsv too Smiley Happy

@Furgirl Do these 'bleed' when wet?

Trusted Contributor

I am not familiar with what happened before.

Can someone explain ?

Sounds like they did not mail out the TSV ?

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Notice how during the presentations they never show the back of the boot with that ugly label.  May have tried them if it did not have that label.

I thought it was WAY funny this morning when Dan said they should make some men's boots like this but his should be named Lame-0! LOL! I bet poor Dan got in trouble for that! No jokes about that dumb BIG ole label....but it sure was funny!

Esteemed Contributor

I've had Lamo boots in the past - still have and wear the ones I have so I'm not buying this pair.  Heard about that mess from last year and it doesn't inspire me to purchase again.

Also for whatever reason the sizing on QVC shoes no matter what brand seems to be very inconsistent.  I was always able to buy shoes/boots in my regular size or half size up if I was going to wear socks but that isn't possible any more.  Therefore, I have stopped purchasing shoes/boots from QVC.  It is too expensive to play guessing games with the size & having to pay S&H both ways.

Trusted Contributor

Never had the Bear Paw, so I can't comment on those.  I will check them out.  I ordered the Lamo two years ago and wore them to death.  I have the gray.  They still look like new, fit well, and are very comfy. 

Honored Contributor

QVC used to carry Bearpaw. 

I have the Lamo boots from last year.  I was lucky and there was no issue with mine at all.  There was no recall or delayed shipping.  They arrived in perfect condition. 

I personally think all of these types of boots are ugly and I only wanted mine to wear for warmth.  The only time I've worn them out and about was on a recent camping trip when it was cold and I needed my feet to be warm. The Lamo did the trick. Otherwise I wear them outside with my dog, around the house or running up the street to the neighbor.  When I'm going to be in snow, I have Sporto snow boots for that.

I watched Lesley on HSN this morning and she said the Bearpaw run small as well.  She said if you are a half size, size up and she said if you are going to wear them with a thick sock, size up yet again.  So if you are a 7.5 and plan on wearing a sock, you need to buy a 9 according to her.

For me personally, I would make sure the Bearpaw are cruelty free like UGGS are since they are using real sheepskin lining.  The Lamo are just faux fur.

All these types of boots have that stupid label across the back, regardless of the brand.   I'm not a label person so it doesn't matter to me whether the label says Emu, Ugg, Lamo.  I wish it wasn't there period.

Frequent Contributor

I only have uggs but if anyone is interested for almost the same price point as this TSV Kohls has Lamo with real sheepskin (which is what you want - The tsv is faux fur) and you can use a coupon and free shipping. I'm going to check out the HSN one today though as I'm having knee surgery and need something easy to slide my feet Ito this winter.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes yes yes. One of the main reasons I buy so many uggs is because they are cruelty free. Almost all faux fur isn't cruelty free so I don't lamo is but I would have to research this. Either way I would prefer real sheepskin over faux anyday especially for New York winters 

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone heard from either host/ qvc/hsn ref: the weight of EITHER boot?

I did hear one host/Lamo',

that the heel was 1 inch high. I could wear this add on -extra amount of sole, but prefer just about 1/2 the weight for traction. I like an easy slip on boot. Thank you in advance.

Approximately 7 years ago Q sold a quality boot at around $159.00. I bought 3 in different colors. I don't believe these (boots) will ever wear out. They go up to the mid calf; very roomy and are easy on. The only complaint I would have is the toe area is more narrow than rounded. I think most boot manufacturing companies are leaning toward comfort more than style. 

I can and do wear these, but I'm not as particular in stylish boot. I want a very comfortable warm boot. Who really cares about being in style when your feet are so cold in 20 degree snowy weather; that's where the WEIGHT comes in, lifting your feet through heavy snow.......

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Notice how during the presentations they never show the back of the boot with that ugly label.  May have tried them if it did not have that label.

That gawd-awful label is a total deal breaker!  Plus I have a very wide foot and I'm leary to try them and have them be too narrow.  Even Uggs are too narrow for me, so I think I'll just fork over the extra $$ and stick with my Emus.