Esteemed Contributor

I would size up. I wear an 8 and purchased in an 8 last year, and I do not have a square inch of room in  these boots. It's a good thing that I live in California and I always wear them without socks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Lamo Boots TSV

[ Edited ]

I just got these in the chestnut, and I love them! I got them in a 10 (normally a 9.5 in shoes), and they are perfect! I must say that I think they run a little narrow, which is good for me, but people with really wide feet may have a problem with these. These are my fave Lamo boots ever, and I have several styles. 

Just fyi, the zipper pulls are a little noisy, so if that sort of thing really bugs you, then you might want to avoid these.

Respected Contributor

I wear a 10 shoe and usually an 11 in a boot but Lamo were too wide for me.  Size 10 would have been to tight in the toe area. Had to send them back.  Quality is VERY good and I was dissapointed they did not fit.  

Respected Contributor

I think this year’s TSV is very cute with the zippers. I bought the Lamo TSV from two previous years and they are great quality and I love the colors. However I started to slip a couple times when walking on packed down snow or if I hit an icy patch. So I’ve decided to pass. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased Lamo boots for my grand daughter last year in the size 8, which is her normal size. She said they were comfortable and preferred to wear them without socks.

For some reason, these boots started to stink so bad that you could smell foot odor while she was wearing them.  When she took them off you almost passed out from the smell.  Mind you, this girl was 12 years old.

They were sprayed with foot odor eliminator until the inside was soaked through.  They were okay for a while, then the odor came back.  We finally had to throw them out.

i don’t know if the boots were defective or what.  She never had a foot odor problem with any other boots or shoes.

The boots were nice and well made, but I was disappointed in the fact that that they were unwearable after only a short time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lamo Boots TSV

[ Edited ]

I bought a pair of TSV LAMO boots a few years ago and I still have them, althought they are now getting grungy and are starting to split.

I normally wear a 7 1/2, got these in an 8 and the fit was perfect.

@Carmie, I have slipped them on without socks before but my feet sweat like crazy when I do that so I don't do it often.  I wonder if that's where the foot odor problem is coming from?     

I ended up ordering a pair of Muk Luks Andrea boots this year that have a sweater cuff and can be worn a few different ways.  I'll see how those are. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I thought about that, but she has UGGS and they seem to be okay without socks.  She also has an off brand from Costco and they are okay too. The Lamo’s were stinky with and without socks and they were really, really gross.

She didn’t even have to take her boots off for the smell to hit you.

My grand daughter told me that her other grand mother would not allow her in her home with those boots on.  I made her leave the boots in the garage and wash her feet and put clean socks on while she was here.  We had to throw them out.

I wonder if they used some kind of chemicals on those boots or if she just got a bad pair?

Honored Contributor

When I wear boots that have faux fur inside of them they make my feet sweat more than usual. For this reason I have to wear wool socks with mine then my feet don't sweat at all and if they do the socks keep it from going into the boot. My real sheepskin boots don't give me a sweaty problem and I can usually wear them without socks...but I normally wear socks anyway just in case and I don't want to ruin them with the stink.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I see the Lamo’s have faux fur inside instead of sheep skin.  Your observation Is a good one.

i think you solved the stinky boot problem. It’s probably made with (plastic) polyester fabric.

i often tell people that my feet don’t stink.. and they don’t.  I have the coldest feet on earth all year around.  They are too dang cold to sweat.  I would love to have warm feet, but that ain’t gonna happen.

Trusted Contributor

They get stinky because the lining is a fake material whereas Uggs are real Sherpa which breathes. Also wearing them with no socks is a recipe for a sweaty stink fest,lol!