Respected Contributor

I got 2 of the last TSV lazy boy recliners and sent them back.  The tempur seat was incredibly uncomfortable, in fact, we were shocked how bad the entire chairs felt.

We were hoping to replace the 2 lazy boy recliners we already had, however, that experience made us happy we held on to our current ones.

So personally, I would not recommend these from my experience.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308     That's great advice if you have 2 very strong individuals to carry the chair part in. That chair weighs 75 Lb -119 lbs. And you can't get your arms around the seat part.  I have a small La-Z-Boy recliner and I have to push it to move it. I cannot pick it up.

last year we bought a small leather sofa. Didn't pay the $100 extra delivery fee to have it bought into the house . They left it at the front door. If it had not been for my nextdoor neighbor's daughter who is young and strong helping us that sofa would still be siting at the front door. And we still managed to get a small scratch on the leather and scratch the front door. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That is one huge chair and would take up a lot of space.  However, I love the way it goes almost flat so you could take a really good nap or even sleep in it.  It's hard to find recliners like that.  Makes me drowsy just to look at it.

@Kachina624 - that's the only problem with our La-Z-Boy recliners.  We sit down to watch TV or read and next thing you know, we're drifting off.  I have to get up and walk around every so often.  Unless, of course, I want to fall asleep!  My two cats curled up with me and peace and quiet................

@Venezia    I can just visualize it....very cozy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm one person, and I'm not large and I'm not strong. Yes, you push. The weight is in the base of the chair. Push and slide where you want it. Then you remove the wrapping. The back, though awkward, once lined up in place snaps in. 

For those that don't feel it's suitable for them, there's no shame in that. I prefer to try and do things myself. I prefer not having strangers in my my home, and that's been pre-pandemic.

Regular Contributor

In continuing to read all the posts I recognize I would have been more likely to take the plunge had white glove delivery been offered. Between the posts and listening to hosts, it feels like a no brainer to step back and purchase when I know I have help on the other end. 

Respected Contributor

@Grace729 wrote:

In continuing to read all the posts I recognize I would have been more likely to take the plunge had white glove delivery been offered. Between the posts and listening to hosts, it feels like a no brainer to step back and purchase when I know I have help on the other end. 

@Grace729 why would you want such a monstrosity in your living room or den? 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Grace729 wrote:

@Grace729why would you want such a monstrosity in your living room or den? 

@Reever Maybe because she likes the way it looks? For myself, I prefer a recliner that looks more like a traditional wingback chair, but that's not to everyone's taste either. 

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia  I agree with you about not being able to order the chair because that type of delivery would not work for me.

I bought a beautiful LAZ-E-BOY auto power chair in 2019 (prior to me having a total knee replacement) from my local store in Scottsdale, AZ.  

The chair I bought could not be delivered for 3 months but after me explaining my situation they sent over a "loaner" recliner, with complete white-glove delivery and assembly in the spot I selected for placement.

When my final chair arrived they removed the "loaner" and replaced it with my actual chair (that I love).

The entire delivery process was very clean and efficient and I wouldn't buy any furniture that wasn't delivered exactly that way.

BTW, I bought a Beautyrest mattress set from HSN last year that I also love and that delivery was impeccably handled by a local company.  That included disposing of  my old mattress set and setting up the new bed.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Grace729 wrote:

@Reever - Why would you be so rude?

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Grace729 wrote:

The OP stated that she has a "huge space" to fill up so why wouldn't she want a large, comfortable chair????