Respected Contributor

Sort of pretty but I find it odd that most of the models and hosts and Laurie are wearing vests, shrugs, jackets and tshirts over the dress....hmmmm. why is that???

Valued Contributor

Probably to sell them.  And on a chilly night you might like to have it

Respected Contributor

Lori explained on an earlier show, the shrug can be worn if you don't like to show your arms since the dress is sleeveless.  Wearing tops or tunics over the dress was suggested as other ways to make the dress more versatile if you want a different look.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Sort of pretty but I find it odd that most of the models and hosts and Laurie are wearing vests, shrugs, jackets and tshirts over the dress....hmmmm. why is that???

Shoekitty said

i for one, at 70 have always been self conscience about my arms...more so as I have aged.  No way would I wear a sleeveless dress out of house without light shrug.

I have taken to the see through light knit of a Back To Bali shrug.  They come in every color.  Now I can wear sleeveless maxi!   

Honored Contributor

I don't find it odd that the hosts and models are wearing something over their sleeveless dresses because I would, too.  However, I don't believe that they are necessarily recommending everyone wear the dress that way any more than I think "everyone" layers on 3 necklaces or 7 bracelets at one time.  They are there to sell as much as possible and the more they show, I suppose, the more they sell.  I don't think anyone who has been doing their own shopping for more than a minute should be surprised.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Not so odd.

Frequent Contributor

I tried to watch this program but so much silliness and talking over each other.  Qvc calm your host down it is impossible to watch or understand.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

when I was in my early teens and early 20's i wore sleeveless.    Then mid 20's I did not want to wear sleeveless because i felt I was not tan enogh.  Then it was because I felt my arms were to big, or not shaped right, lol.  Then it was because I wasn't firm enough,  then I got thinner,it was because I was too pale looking and flabby.  Now, I am tan, and size is okay, but not firm enough.

I can never win.  Like my mom says, use it when you are young, because you will get older.  I think we are never as bad as we think we are.  Lol

Super Contributor

IMO, wearing the long cardigan over the maxi(long) dress was not a good look.

Don't stylists (I mean real stylists) recommend not  wearing long over long?

I think it made everyone look dowdy.