Frequent Contributor

Re: LOGO by Lori Goldstein TSV - March 4, 2024

This reminds me of the pregnancy top my mother used to wear while carrying my youngest brother.  

It's a maternity top.  Ugh!

Contributor

This top is soooo matronly.  It's not appealing at all. Who is this for?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Came here to see if anyone liked it enough to order.  I saw them hanging and Lori talking about it before midnight, so went to bed without watching.

Just doesn't seem like something most women would wear, maybe in my youth, but not now.

I don't understand this top being "lavish" at all. Cat Indifferent

ETA ....When I saw it in the background before midnight, I thought it would be around $40-- as a TSV, not what it turned out to be. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like some LOGO items, but NOT this!  Her line is becoming increasingly WAY TOO BAGGY and OVERSIZED!  Looks like you're trying to hide something in nearly every garment.

Its time she added some different styles and FITS to the line!  Boyfriend jeans are good, but EVERY SINGLE PAIR!  Also, the high water inseam can stay, but PLEASE ADD some longer lengths in a Jean!

Honored Contributor

There was something familiar about the TSV .... it just occurred to me that this top is quite similar to the vestment that altar servers wear ... the Serplice.

Image result for  vestment alter server serplie

Honored Contributor

@scrapperlisa wrote:
@cheriereThat macrame confused me as well. I have some of her tops in macrame and I don't think it would match. Did she use the name macrame on a different color? Is this a "new macrame"? In any case, I did buy the tank in macrame, so we'll see. I like her tanks. But I am not buying the TSV.

@scrapperlisa @cheriere  I have one of her French terry pieces in macrame and the color is kind of a taupe with the slightest hint of lavender. There's no way it would look good paired with peach.

Regular Contributor

You read 

@LdyBugz wrote:

It's been bugging me that the top looked familiar for some reason but I couldn't quite place it where I saw it before.  It finally came to me this morning.  To me, it looks much like the surplice tops that alter boys used to wear.

20240304_100702.jpg

You read my mind. I appreciate the detail of the lace and embroidery and really would have considered buying it, but the style would do  nothing to flatter size M or Lg shape. . 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA I LOL-ed again.  I seem to be LOL-ing a lot reading this thread.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@scrapperlisa wrote:
@cheriereThat macrame confused me as well. I have some of her tops in macrame and I don't think it would match. Did she use the name macrame on a different color? Is this a "new macrame"? In any case, I did buy the tank in macrame, so we'll see. I like her tanks. But I am not buying the TSV.

@scrapperlisa @cheriere  I have one of her French terry pieces in macrame and the color is kind of a taupe with the slightest hint of lavender. There's no way it would look good paired with peach.

Exactly!  Mine is that same dusty pinkish brown color!  It would never match.  She should never completely change a color that's been there since the beginning without even making mention of this.

I did buy a peachy colored tank with broomstick hem about a year ago, I've never even worn it lol.  

Trusted Contributor

TSV didn't look good on the models and Jayne Brown. In fact it added at least two sizes to each one of them. In fact it reminds me of a muumuu which has been cut off with added lace and 3/4 sleeves which always adds weight.

It's hideous.