Esteemed Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Maybe Lori is running out of design ideas. It just looks so bad!

I read Lor's bio and she is a stylist not a designer.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

By criticizing the top we aren't criticizing the people.  Ok, maybe the designers and the TSV buyer at Q...but I think of it more as women giving other women feedback on clothing so that they won't make a purchase they regret.  I actually hope that the negative comments help dissuade some women from making this purchase because I do not think that they will get the complements on it that the might get on other LOGO tops.  If someone loves it, great.  But if someone is on the fence, I think that the negative feedback is helpful.

The models are just doing their jobs.  I doubt that any of them feel a sense of ownership towards the clothes they are modeling.  They may all hate the top and feel silly wearing it, who knows!  

Either you haven't read the ugly comments about the appearance of the host and the models, or they've been deleted. Believe me, none of them was rendering a public service, and I'm kind of disgusted that anyone would even try to cast catty remarks in that light. They were mean, ugly, and unnecessary.

I respect the concept of choice and don't want some woman I've  never met implicitly suggesting that her opinion carries more weight than my own. IT DOESN'T.  We can all see the presentations, even if you're just online, like me. We can see how this garrment looks on the models. We don't need anyone enlightening us as to how they see it. What matters is how WE see it, and what it does for US. 

I, for example, cannot understand the popularity of Quacker Factory. It's just not my style at all. That doesn't mean those clothes don't serve a purpose, and delight the women who enjoy the designs and embellishments. If I disparage the clothing, by extension, I disparage the women who like wearing it. That's not education, and it just makes me look small and mean.

Shaming and bullying have no place here.

First thing, no one was bullying or shaming any women on this topic. They were giving their opinions. No one had to take their suggestions or even read them.  I think sometimes women want to have some input. They can make their own decisions and if they depend on the forum to make up their mind then so be it.  We are here to help one another not demean someone because they chose to order the item.  IMO, you are the one who chooses to take someone down because they have stated an opinion that does not fit your MO.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

While this top is not for me, I'm posting to say I'm glad to see people saying they like it and are buying, for the simple reason that it reminds me (and maybe us) that this is a big world and everyone sees things through different eyes. I've known a few women who could wear this kind of top, just because they have the verve and spirit to pull off anything.

I'm also reminded that it's easy to post something snarky and think you're witty--I've done my share--but unless you're Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker, you're probably not enriching the community. AFAIC, it doesn't reflect well on the forums when the hosts and models are the subject of catty remarks when they're just doing their jobs as best they can. Most of them are women and most of us are women; aren't we better than this?

By criticizing the top we aren't criticizing the people.  Ok, maybe the designers and the TSV buyer at Q...but I think of it more as women giving other women feedback on clothing so that they won't make a purchase they regret.  I actually hope that the negative comments help dissuade some women from making this purchase because I do not think that they will get the complements on it that the might get on other LOGO tops.  If someone loves it, great.  But if someone is on the fence, I think that the negative feedback is helpful.

The models are just doing their jobs.  I doubt that any of them feel a sense of ownership towards the clothes they are modeling.  They may all hate the top and feel silly wearing it, who knows!  

I would beg to differe with you about that.   There are lots of insults about the buyers of LOGO, particularly the poster who said everyone looks like a performing circus animal in it. 

Other comments were deleted as being unkind yet this stayed.  If that isn't considered unkind, I'd hate to know what the comments were that were deleted!

Honored Contributor

'Still', I think that the Black TSV worn with a black skirt or black pants could be a good look on many women.  Even over a lightweight LBD (little black dress).   I do believe that if they showed my styling suggestions, the top would be more appealing to some, maybe many who weren't/aren't interested in this item/purchase.  Just a thought of mine, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).