Super Contributor

I ordered this this AM.  Thought it was a good value getting 6 gifts plus the bags, etc for $30 (free shipping).  I will use them as gifts for office associates.  Thought I could put another gift in the Lock & Lock and not have to wrap anything.  Will keep one of the containers for myself as I liked the handle feature.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Wiskota  I did the same thing when I was working. Such a good deal! And they are a good size. I usually put homemade cookies or candy in them. The first few years the containers weren't very big. I still have last year's packed away, so I'm good for this year. But, this year's are the best yet.

Trusted Contributor

I bought them but highly doubt I am gifting them to anyone but me

Honored Contributor

i suggest getting two, because one is never enough and you will want to keep a couple. i am really liking this mixed set. i have been getting them every year. if you decide to keep the containers, the gift bags can be used for other gifts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: LOCK & LOCK TSV

[ Edited ]

IMO, this looks like a great gift giving idea. Unfortunately, not for me. 

I've read a lot on this forum comments about Lock & Lock.

?: tomato sauce stains. Is it true Lock & Lock stains and hard/impossible to clean/remove? Also read that the clips/handles break off. Please comment. Thanks!

Super Contributor

I have lots of Lock & Lock and have not had staining or breakage.  Sorry to hear others have had that problem.  

Valued Contributor

I bought the set of four with the seasonal bags earlier last month when there was a free shipping day. My husband and I are going to put candies and baked goods in the ones we have. I have been on the fence about getting this set as it would be useful to give out other baked goods to people.

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

IMO, this looks like a great gift giving idea. Unfortunately, not for me. 

I've read a lot on this forum comments about Lock & Lock.

?: tomato sauce stains. Is it true Lock & Lock stains and hard/impossible to clean/remove? Also read that the clips/handles break off. Please comment. Thanks!

The plastic does stain.  Once they stained I only used for sauces. I purchased Anchor Hocking glassware from HSN. These are much nicer. 

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate  I found Lock & Lock stains terribly.  Lids break easily.  Very poor quality.  I found much better quality at Costco for a lot less money.  I also recommend glass containers.  Zero staining.

Honored Contributor

I ordered this morning too. I always keep the containers and use the bags for relatives' gifts, but this year some of those bags might stay home with me! Smiley Wink

When I first got this set a few years ago, I filled the containers with cookies and gave them to the girls in my one friend group. My BEST FRIEND came to the front door a few days after Christmas with the container in her hand to return it. I told her that was part of the gift. LOL! 

I do like LocknLock. I haven't been getting it long, but except for one of my everyday use container's tab breaking, most have been fine. Smiley Happy