Honored Contributor

Re: LOCK N LOCK TSV 6/7/2020

For those new to L n L, I've had them for years and I use them for leftovers, storing pasta, sugar, rice, etc.  Also, I use them for deli meats and cheese--keeps them fresher longer.  Also, for fresh berries, vegetables, etc.    I bought the TSV and it came today.  Looks very pretty and I will wash them and start using them tomorrow.  I chose the Ultra Violet.   Most of my sets are in the various shades of purple.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1I also like the sets where the entire piece is in the color, not just the lid.  I have a set of purple and it looks so nice.  Also have some pieces where the entire item is pink (these are old--not the newer shade).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My order just got transferred to USPS today.  It will be a few more days. First time for a lock n lock piece not coming through UPS.  

Today is only day 8 so I won’t complain.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered my set before they sold out but now my order says waitlist. What’s up with that?
Trusted Contributor

As a sidebar to the TSV- on the same day 6/7 I ordered the spice cotainers and they haven't shipped yet.  No,I am not in any kind of hurry for them, but you would think they would have shipped by now. ETA arrival- 6/20. Rather doubt that.  

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I wish they made LnL where the bowls and actual containers are a color and not just the tops.  I have a very old set and the entire piece is RED.  It's great when I put things with a tomato based sauce in a continer. No need to worry about staining a clear container.   Would purchase in a heartbeat!

When L&L first came to the Q, the bottom part was in color but was opaque and many customers complained that they wanted to be able to see what was in them and requested that the TOPS be the opaque color with clear bottoms.  So L&L complied to those requests.

I know what you mean about red sauce staining the clear bottoms.  I find that as soon as I empty the container, I rinse it out and fill it with soapy water until I run it in the dishwasher.  I also don't heat the container in the microwave and that seems to help prevent some of the staining issues.