Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Zita@January121 Just mute the sound on your television.

I bet you mispronouce many Native American names, labels, words that are constantly spoken.  Luh Creuset isn't such a big deal.

Apples and oranges. We ALL undoubtedly mispronounce unfamiliar words. But "Le"? Even if you've never heard this French word or heard the brand name, how do you get "la" from it. And isn't it the host's job to pronounce the name of the company correctly?

It was disconcerting. And suggesting that people mute the sound, especially if they're interested in HEARING the details, is not the most helpful advice. It's the same as telling people to turn the channel. Both imply that posters have no right to comment.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I think the author watches Q too much.

Valued Contributor

Only problem is it is not pronounced "Luh" or "La" either.  It is pronounced Le, just the way it looks, short e . That is the masculine form of the french article  "the".  There is a separate word in French for the feminine form of "the", which is spelled and pronounced..... you guessed it, La.

Honored Contributor

I think it's mean to criticize people who make pronunciation errors with foreign words.  (And I lived in a French speaking country for two years, so I'm well aware of the correct pronunciation). 

OP..as an American, do you correct foreigners who mispronounce English words?  If it's done in an appropriate, helpful way...it can be okay.  But to post about it online.....this just rubs me the wrong way 

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know when the $20 QVC gift card is due to come (it was with the purchase of this pan on the Q card)?

Deb

Super Contributor

@CJC wrote:

No matter how you say it, that sure is one pricey cooking pan.

LMAO!!! Even on easy pay LOL!

Super Contributor

Oui Smiley Happy20521fa9a891a0217a746ca7b23684d8.jpg