Respected Contributor

There have been a number of fashion TSVs where the garment had issues from the get go. So the hosts and models took great pains to try and disguise the issues. Like a dress with pockets that stuck out awkwardly, they either kept their hands in the pockets or covered them with jackets. I'm tuned in to this ploy by now. If a garment is seldom shown in its original form, I automatically wonder what's wrong with it. 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I personally think a TSV should have more universal appeal. The hem of the TSV was very strange. I don't think anyone would look her best in this. It is a hard pass for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA   It looks like it was cut off-grain so it doesn't drape correctly.  (sewer here) 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 @That was funny! And I'm in total agreement! I would be in a trench also!

Honored Contributor

Although I saw the jumpsuit on Rachel and thought it looked good on her, I do not understand the attraction of a jumpsuit no matter one's figure.  All I remember about those I wore decades ago was how inconvenient they were.

If I want to wear a column of color, it will be in the form of separates.  That way I can get pieces that fit and I get the convenience I need even more now than I did 30 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

There have been a number of fashion TSVs where the garment had issues from the get go. So the hosts and models took great pains to try and disguise the issues. Like a dress with pockets that stuck out awkwardly, they either kept their hands in the pockets or covered them with jackets. I'm tuned in to this ploy by now. If a garment is seldom shown in its original form, I automatically wonder what's wrong with it. 

@fairydogmother Or when the garment gaps under the armpits, or is cut too low.  That is another big problem that they hide with cardigans and jackets.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Rachel did look nice.  It could be since the jumpsuit is sleeveless, it was styled by the other hosts and models with jackets and sweaters because some women do not like to show their upper arms.

Amal showed it styled three different ways.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it's unflattering, I posted on another thread also this morning.  It makes you look heavier than you are.  I felt bad for Marybeth earlier as you could tell she was totally uncomfortable in it.  Of course, I like her but she's another one who insists on squeezing into a medium when she is definately a large.  Don't beat me up but it's true.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal    I posted a similar comment about Mary Beth.   She's very hippy and the size she wore was just too small.   It's going to be interesting to see if JRTbis wearing it. She is also very hippy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

I agree, Rachel did do a great job in the presentation. But the hosts have to wear it, and just because Rachel was the only host so far with a slim figure doesn't mean you should put down the others for their lack of one. The jumpsuit is not flattering on everyone, and they have to do things to make it look more flattering or hide the unflattering parts. Just my opinion, but I feel like there is some hidden fat shaming going on in your post.

@MM13    You'd have to dig very deep to find fat shaming in describing a garment, not the figures, that is pretty much unflattering on everyone.  So I say your statement is nonsense. 

of course, the TSV is a poorly designed garment, from the hem to the string belt and pockets

Anybody has sold very nice jumpsuits, this is not one of them