Contributor

The office area in my home tends to be cold, especially when I'm working at night.  I like a big cozy sweater and almost ordered, but I also like some sort of closure.  I'll check out the HSN one tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Koolaburra TSV

[ Edited ]

Finally a jacket that has no hood.  But it is just too 'furry/teddy bear' looking for me and I am sure it would be way to warm for our weather!

@gabstoomuch 

I also love Stan's clothing and own many of them!  I still wear one of his bathrobes every morning; Have had it for many years.  Stan was just on this last week and weekend.  He still comes on once in awhile and miss his too!

New Contributor

Just my opinion dark colors show EVERY peice of lint possible although I think the wine color is gorgeeous 

Esteemed Contributor

DOes Koolaburra have a new rep?  The rep I've seen used to be the rep for DuJour.  Just curious

Regular Contributor

I think I might just sew a hook and eye closure on it.  I'd rather be able to close it.

Trusted Contributor

Looking at Colleen's Teddy Coat now. Although hers does have one button it looks fuller and thicker. It also looks more like a coat vs a house bed jacket.

Guess it depends on where you are wearing it. In the house Colleen's looks like it would be too warm, but it is cute. Same price, basically same style. Hers has a less bulky shawl collar.

Someone mentioned putting a hook and eye on it for closure, and that is a good idea. Could probably even fit two vertically. (on the Koolaburra one)

I do think Colleen's version would shed and be all over your clothes because she sheared the outside and left the the fluffy sherpa pile high on the inside not the outside.

Why do they have to have competing TSV's but on connecting days? So annoying. Have to buy 2, one of each style, if you can't decide thickness of material and how much either will shed or whether the collar will make you nuts.

Trusted Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Looking at Colleen's Teddy Coat now. Although hers does have one button it looks fuller and thicker. It also looks more like a coat vs a house bed jacket.

Guess it depends on where you are wearing it. In the house Colleen's looks like it would be too warm, but it is cute. Same price, basically same style. Hers has a less bulky shawl collar.

Someone mentioned putting a hook and eye on it for closure, and that is a good idea. Could probably even fit two vertically. (on the Koolaburra one)

I do think Colleen's version would shed and be all over your clothes because she sheared the outside and left the the fluffy sherpa pile high on the inside not the outside.

Why do they have to have competing TSV's but on connecting days? So annoying. Have to buy 2, one of each style, if you can't decide thickness of material and how much either will shed or whether the collar will make you nuts.

I agree, I don't buy these to be a coat per se. I buy these to just throw over to run to the mailbox or to the grocery store so a closure isn't important to me. For me it's more of a fashion accessory than an actual coat. I bought three of the QVC version I thought they were adorable and that wine color was stunning. I  grabbed one of Colleen's jackets and I will compare. Honestly though, I didn't think the colors on hers are that great. They didn't appear to be that saturated. I have bought some of Colleen's items in the past and was never overly impressed with the quality. 

Honored Contributor

These teddy coats were huge last season.  I didn't realize they were going to be so big again this season. 

I bought one (kinda) last year from a local boutique in my area.  However, mine is really a coat.  Same kind of teddy "fur" on the outside but mine has 3 buttons down the front so it fully closes and mine is lined.  It is definitely a coat, not something to toss on in the house, wear to walk my dog, etc.

Colleen's is cute but an easy pass for me.  It's just not somthing I'd get any use out of, especially since I already have something similar.

Honored Contributor

Re: Koolaburra TSV

[ Edited ]

There are teddy "coats," and then there are these thinner teddy cardigan/jackets.  Colleen's is the latter.  I have a black one from 3 or 4 years back. 

I also have true teddy coats, which are quite a bit thicker and meant for colder weather.  I have a Martha Stewart short teddy coat (like a car coat), and a longer teddy coat I got from Macy's years ago.  I love them both, but there's a big difference

Colleen's thinner teddy jacket is cute.  But I don't need it since I already have my black one.  I'm still waiting to see GILI's teddy lounger that is supposed to be updated this fall. 

Honored Contributor

I like Colleen's jacket more than the Koolaburra. Colleen's has a button closure and I like the collar on it. Not a fan of that shawl collar on the Koolaburra.