Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I have the kitchenaide 6 quart mixer and although I don't use it much, when I do, I love it. I like the 6 quart because I can mix up 2 batches of cookies at once. I never regretted buying it and am pretty sure I will never need to buy another mixer. It is so great at the holidays just being able to through the ingredients in and having the mixer do the hard work. I don't think I could physically hold a mixer for as long as it would take me to make 2 batches of cookies. I would check around for prices as I doubt that I would use the meat grinder but you never know. 

I agree with her that the bowl lift models are superior to the others.  I have had three tilt heads and 2 bowl lifts (inherited and sold and upgraded etc.) and I would always go with the bowl life.

The bowl sits firmly in the arms, you don't have to twist the base in and hope you aligned it right (twice I had those not be firmly in and fly out, one slipped out and jamed between the head of the mixer and base).

If your cabinets are high enough over the counter you don't have to worry about how high the heat tilts back.  The 6 qts. do bread and bigger batches than the tilt heads, the dough hooks work better, and they do small batches fine too.

Just depends on what you want. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Kitchenaid useer and lover forever. This is a great deal price and mixer. I started with a mixer like this and then gave it to my daughter in law because I wanted a new one in blue and a super size. They last forever and work like a horse. Treat yourself and you won't regret it. I could not believe how easy it was to make mashed potatoes. To think I spent all those years mashing them or useing the hand mixer. The time alone and the aching hands are reason enough to treat yourself to a bit of a relief.

Honored Contributor

For years I made large double batches of cookies using a small, lightweight GE hand mixer.  It ploughed right through that dough.  I used it for 50 years.  I could never understand why people wanted a big stand mixer sitting out on the counter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I probably didn't get my KA stand mixer until I was in or near my 50's.  I wish I would have had it earlier when I baked more for bake sales, birthday parties, etc.   Now I live alone and I still use my KA stand mixer--for the baking I do (not as often now) and I use it to mix meatloaf, meat balls, etc.   I do leave mine on the counter in a corner.  I would never use it if I had to lift it out of a cabinet.  I consider it part of my kitchen decor.  Even at my age now, if it stopped working I would buy another one.  

Trusted Contributor
I too am still using an old avocado green GE hand mixer received as a wedding gift in 1968. It has met my needs for 50 years. I bought a Kitchenaid stand mixer about 5 years ago, the Classic Plus model, for a great price from BeallsFlorida because I thought I’d do more baking as a retiree. Didn’t happen. Hubby and I don’t eat heavy like we did when raising a family. That mixer looks pretty sitting on my counter, but my ancient hand mixer still gets the nod. I do use the stand mixer for holiday cookies, but that’s about it.
Respected Contributor

I bought my Kitchenaid about ten years ago.  Love it and couldn't live without it.  I use it for everything from cookies to meatloaf.  It cuts the time in half. 

Contributor

I own a Kitchen Aid stand mixer in the Gloss Cinnamon color as well as athe food processor in the same color. I am not fond of the color and only brought it because i had the Keurig in red and wanted matching colors. I have since gifted the red Keurig and am longing for one of the new and pretty colors. However my mixer works like new and I just cannot justify a new mixer and trust me I love to shop. So today what I did was to buy the striped  bowl to jazz it up. I have the glass bowl one already. My favorite color is purple and one day I will splurge and get  the Plumberry. I am 69 yrs old.

Honored Contributor

@Flashgordon22 wrote:

I own a Kitchen Aid stand mixer in the Gloss Cinnamon color as well as athe food processor in the same color. I am not fond of the color and only brought it because i had the Keurig in red and wanted matching colors. I have since gifted the red Keurig and am longing for one of the new and pretty colors. However my mixer works like new and I just cannot justify a new mixer and trust me I love to shop. So today what I did was to buy the striped  bowl to jazz it up. I have the glass bowl one already. My favorite color is purple and one day I will splurge and get  the Plumberry. I am 69 yrs old.

@Flashgordon22 If you or anyone you know has a garage sale, people will be lined up at the door for that mixer and you can get a new one.  

Contributor

Yes You are right. Will think about it. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of. LOL!! Thank You!

Respected Contributor

I have had my KA mixer for about 25 years and works like the day I got it.  Yes, I would like a different color but can't justify it because I don't have room to leave it out.  I mostly use it for baking which isn't that often.  For me personally, the food grinder is not a draw.

I would never use it.  I would like the 1-piece shield for mine, but it works fine without it.