Valued Contributor

Re: Kitchen aid food processor tsv

[ Edited ]

I looked online at "A" and the reviews aren't very exciting.  Some say that they found the power not enough for an appliance that size.  Some said they sent it back after they found that the lid retains mositure.  Some complained that a lot of the food never grated or chopped but just went spinning around instead.  I decided it wasn't for me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@customerqvc2   I looked as well and the one I saw had 61 reviews -- 75% of which were 4 or 5 stars.  (65% were 5 stars; 10% were 4 stars.)

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

@customerqvc2   I looked as well and the one I saw had 61 reviews -- 75% of which were 4 or 5 stars.  (65% were 5 stars; 10% were 4 stars.)

Me too, @judy0330 .  The same model listed for $149.99, so I ordered the black one from the Q.  It's not gonna perform like the mega ones, but I never pull out my mega one - too much of a pita.  Hopefully this one will do the job!

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme  Great minds think alike!  I ordered the black one too.  I am the exact kind of person they have been talking about all day.  I have the "upscale" Kitchenaid food processor and it lives in the basement -- never used.  I figure that once I learn how to use this easier one -- I will graduate to the original!!

Contributor

Check again there are reviews on there now.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@LeeA7 wrote:

Check again there are reviews on there now.

Thank you.  I have been reading the reviews as those who are receiving it are posting.

Respected Contributor

I have bought several appliances on eBay, a couple of KA and other brands for much much less and they operate great. The hand mixer I paid less than 30.00 for the same speed. The food processor was very reasonable too. I bought my CE airfryer and a nice bread machine for 37.00.

I always check around first.

Regular Contributor

Your are so right.  I bought the 9 cup kitchen aid food processor in 2015.  All the twists and turns and connections, numerous blades and storage box that I had to buy.  However, I liked the select-a-size that you could slide over to get the exact size that you wanted, particularly if you were shredding cheese or vegetables.  I thankfully did not give it away and I am now on my second 7 cup Kitchen Aid food processor which is very cheaply made. What do you expect for $89?  Will Kitchen Aid ever get it right?  

Regular Contributor

You are too funny.  Exactly my experience.  I don't even know how to store them in the box and haven't used it since I bought it in 2015.  However, the new style (with all of the blades storing inside of the food processor) is very cheaply made. I didn't get rid of the old one, am keeping just as a backup.  Click, Click, Click. Even Kitchen Aid realized it was a poorly designed machine.  Have fun!

Contributor

250 Watts does not do very, much but light jobs , it's all plastic very light weight.