Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen HQ 2 quart Pressure Cooker on HSN

I’ve used an electric pressure cooker since QVC first started offering them many decades ago.  I currently own a 6 qt and have had an 8 qt as well, always an oval shape , which gives a lot more room and flexibility; when browning cuts of meat, etc.  

This one is WAY TOO SMALL IMO.  I was considering a smaller one but the very minimum I would purchase is a 3 qt, and I’d have to see it first.  

Super Contributor

QVC has an "as is" cooks essentials 2 quart pressure cooker for $19.99

Looks identical to the one on HSN

Valued Contributor

Enjoy your new PC!  I have a 6 qt and an 8 qt but the one I use multiple times a week is my 2 qt!  Always sits on my counter and I use it several times a week for reheating leftovers, boiled potatoes, hard cooked eggs, etc.  Perfect size. 

Regular Contributor

May I make a suggestion. I had ordered the CE 2 qt PC and the valve didn't work, I burned my arm and hand on it trying to get it to work..I finally returned it as defective . I then went to Walmart and bought the 3 qt Instantpot for about the same price and it is so well made and the cadillac compared to the one on HSN and the one I returned to QVC. (I made beef stew in it today and it was delicious and very quick..) You might check Instantpot in stores before you purchase the one on HSN .. I like the Instantpot so well, I'm going back for the 6 qt...Just food for thought..Good luck on whatever you decide.

Regular Contributor

BTW, I just wrote about the Instantpot but failed to say;  I am an 82 yr old widow so the 3 qt is perfect for me..and I have left overs.. Good luck

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaeE  I will keep your advice in mind if the Kitchen HQ pressure cooker doesn’t work out. 

I didn’t see good reviews on the CE 2 qt on QVC but I have other CE appliances that are working great and love them.

I know the smaller pressure cooker is what I need. I do like the ease of seeing where the pressure and release knob set goes better than what I have now.

Thanks for the input.

**I checked out QVC and HSN manual for the 2qt. Pressure cookers and they are made by the same manufacturer. Just 3 hours away from me in Buffalo,NY. They are different model numbers so hopefully HSN will be an upgrade for any problems that QVC may have had.

Regular Contributor

I always check QVC before I buy from the store but in this case, after trying the CE 2 qt and it being defective I was thrilled to find Instantpot and  InstantPot has QVC beat for quality and features and ease to use. I don't shop HSN but just so you are happy with what you get..

Honored Contributor

I love kitchen gadgets and feel I cook quite a bit for a senior that lives alone.  I get so tempted by the Pressure Cookers, but just can't go ahead and buy one.  I did order one a couple of years ago, but the minute it arrived and I saw it and the instructions about replacing the gasket, etc., I boxed it up and returned it.  I know they make good food as my Mom had one of the old-fashioned ones and made delicious food in it.   I have pretty much all the other small appliances--slow cookers, air fryer, indoor grill, etc. and use all of them.

Respected Contributor

I received the Kitchen HQ Pressure Cooker in Teal today.

It is a beautiful color and very well made. The top locks on easily and fits tight. It has a spoon and a measuring cup with it as well as the recipe booklet and manual. 

I decided to return it only because it may be too small for us. 

Since I didn’t have anyone that I would have gifted it to I sent it back. I didn’t use it as I wanted to return it as new.

I was impressed as what a nice appliance this was. 

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@MKR14   I can understand wanting two sizes of an item.  Makes sense to me.  I have two slow cookers in different sizes.

I just bought a second slow cooker - think it's a 4 qt.  I had an older very large one and it's too big to make food for just me.  Use the large one in winter - I make huge batches of vegetable beef soup in the winter and take some to my sister and both brothers.