Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Kitchen Aid TSV w/glass bowl - need help

I posted earlier today that I bought the TSV and I'm having a problem with the bowl "lock".

I posted it in Kitchen Forums but so far not any replies.  Perhaps, no one has the glass bowl style.

If you have this style can you take a look at my post / dilemna and maybe give me advice!!

Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV w/glass bowl - need help

Is it the tilt head or the other?  I have over the years sometimes had problems with the tilt head ones getting the base to fit in securely.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

tilt-head glass bowl.  I am reposting pic -- the dilemna is the bowl is NOT totally locked in as the "beak of the bowl" hits up against the back.

IMG_9450.JPGIMG_0188.JPG

and this is where the "beak" of the bowl hits -- the gasket was NOT on the bowl when received.  It was in the bottom of the packing materials -- therefore, I put it on.  Now the bowl does not lock-in properly because it still has a bit to go.  

IMG_0179.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

If you haven't yet - - Kitchen Aid customer service would be my first call and inquiry.  I doubt if most women have your model - the glass or tilt - it never seemed that popular to me.  I just have a hand mixer, gave my big one to a friend cuz I don't bake = never.

Call the company instead of waiting here for some answer.

Esteemed Contributor

Correction:  Tilt style is the most in demand - my mistake.  I've read your additional description and looked at the pictures.............but I just don't understand the problem.  I'd like to - but don't.  My tilt KA bowl just went in the base - perhaps I twisted it to lock in - been so long - I still recommend calling cs @ KA.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  There are several positions on the base where the bowl can lock in and the lip will be at different places on the clock face, so to speak aren't there?    Maybe the bottom ring on the mixer is installed just a little off, or on the bowl.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

yes, but it can only be locked from a certain position.  I have tried going from the left-right and then it still hits the back.  Anyway...I'm calling KA CS on Monday.

Was just hoping someone here could post a pic of what their's looks like just to compare (other than video from product on Q).

@fthunt

yes I will call them.  And yes, I use my stand mixer for many things not just baking.  Although, my little KA hand mixer does a great job but not for doing things which require whipping or extended time that I have to stand and hold it.

I will call KA.  See my post above to @sooner.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Here's a video!  Move the bottom plate on the  mixer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhNzPogBupk

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Who would have thought... I think you've solved a problem that was driving me crazy!

I'm going to try it right now ...

thanks again!!!

ps: I never go on YouTube ... so thanks for that tip too!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

amazing ... I just did what the girl on the video showed - moved the plate counterclockwise 1 over ... PERFECT!!!

Went from this ....

IMG_0179.jpg

TO THIS!!!

IMG_0190.JPG

(ugh flourescent lighting in my pantry ...)

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! I can't even imagine something so simple could have been the answer!!!

(and if you knew me I'd be stressing til Monday when I called KA).

This is why I love these forums ... everyone here always has the answer!!!