Super Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer TSV on Sunday

Does anyone know if this is the same one Costco sells? I know theirs goes on sale for around$250 but I think it’s a different model. I know this is pro series- but which version?
And do you think guava will be pink? Or more orange? I really love turquoise which isn’t an option so I’m leaning towards guava. I’m loving easy pay
Contributor

This is a great deal by all accounts. I wonder though if this would be too large a mixer for a single person, or someone making small batches. I've read reviews that the 6 QT size doesn't perform well if you only need to make smaller amounts. Any thoughts?

Frequent Contributor

This seems like a super deal.  I saw this model in a store for over $600.  The colors were different.  Does kitchenaid make mixers specifically for QVC to sell?  I really don't need such a big one but I do think it is a great deal.

Valued Contributor

@rygimom wrote:

This seems like a super deal.  I saw this model in a store for over $600.  The colors were different.  Does kitchenaid make mixers specifically for QVC to sell?  I really don't need such a big one but I do think it is a great deal.

I believe they make certain colors exclusive to QVC.

Super Contributor

Listening to the motor on TV and it sounds like it's struggling. I'm sure it's not, but the sound is grating to me. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

After doing a lot of research and reading many reviews on this model, the main complaint is how LOUD the motor is compared to other Kitchen Aid stand mixers. This is the main reason I will pass on this one, despite it being a great deal. Here is a great review from you tube from a guy who refurbishes Kitchen Aid mixers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muXqFvepIIg

Respected Contributor

@dimin wrote:

Listening to the motor on TV and it sounds like it's struggling. I'm sure it's not, but the sound is grating to me. 

I'll take the sound of the motor anyday over the voice of the blogger-turned-KitchenAid rep. I was thinking of getting this for my sister for Christmas, but I can't get past about 5 minutes into the recorded presentation because of her voice. I'll wait for someone else to do the presenting and listen to that clip.

Got to say, those are beautiful colors. I don't think my sister would mind the sound of the motor because it's a lot quieter than the vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster she's used to using, and motors that powerful usually aren't quiet anyway. She does breads and heavy batters, so she'd appreciate the power.

Regular Contributor

I cannot watch Kitchen Aid shows with the rep from the company.  Why would KA Corp hire someone as a spokes person with such an irritating voice?? OMG! I suppose this will be deleted because it is unkind to the company rep.  But it's the truth and QVC never likes it when customer's post the truth.

Honored Contributor

@Julius Seizurethanks so much for the heads up, what an eye opener. I just canceled my TSV order. I have the old model they made before they sold the company to Whirlpool and I'm keeping what I have. Geeze, that motor is loud!

Respected Contributor

@Julius Seizure wrote:

After doing a lot of research and reading many reviews on this model, the main complaint is how LOUD the motor is compared to other Kitchen Aid stand mixers. This is the main reason I will pass on this one, despite it being a great deal. Here is a great review from you tube from a guy who refurbishes Kitchen Aid mixers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muXqFvepIIg

@Julius Seizure Thanks for sharing this very informative link. This was one of the best video's I have watched for the KitchenAid stand mixer models. This guy did an excellent job of explaining the differences between the models!