Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm pretty new to Kipling and recently bought a few in the Alvar style (the larger of the 2 Alvars) to take on vacation.  I bought one from Macy's online in a really cute print.  On sale and also used a coupon.  I'm back from our trip and the purse worked great.

I bought another from ebay and....oops, a 3rd directly from Kipling.  All in the same style.

To me, they're more like LeSac type handbags.  I don't own any Lugs, but they seem thicker and heavier to me (from what I've seen).

I was hoping the first Kipling would be one of the cute styles in cute colors and prints, but this TSV doesn't do it for me.

Oh.... and the monkey?  I took it off my Kiplings immediately and threw it away.  Apparently people collect them.  I had no idea, but I didn't want a monkey hanging from my purse.

Kipling is having a 25% off sale on their website. They are offering free shipping. When I saw them in Macy's I thought they looked like items for school children. They were on sale for 20% off plus if you have a Macy's card you received another discount. So I find this TSV as no bargain.

Trusted Contributor

I love Kipling bags, but honestly Amazon has better deals. I've found them as low as thirsty there. Even the Kipling website has some good clearance deals. I have various colors & monkeys, some metal and one robot.( I don't add other purse charms.) I love that they are lightweight and machine washable, too.

Esteemed Contributor

For those

@Just Bling wrote:

@elated wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@elated wrote:

I went to Macy's today and they were having a sale on the Kipling bags. They were 20% off. If you used your Macy's card you would have received an additional % off. This is no deal.  I was surprised about this line. I thought it was handbags but I was wrong.

@elated- Kipling IS handbags and backpacks and totes. The TSV is a handbag. 

I  don't think this TSV is a handbag. It looks like a lug bag. The material was not impressive. I still think the pricing is out of line for this product.

The purse is a $1 and that cute adorable monkey hanging on the bag is well worth $69.   

The Kipling monkey keychains are available at Amazon and start at $10.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Not for me but variety is good for the everyone

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!