Contributor

Just wondering if anyone knows what the Kipling TSV will be on Friday?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kipling TSV?

[ Edited ]

a293707.jpg

Kipling Nylon Front Pocket Satchel - Cyrene - $70

A go-to bag for any gal, this Kipling satchel is equipped to handle your active lifestyle. Plenty of pockets keep all your belongings organized, while various carrying options add a convenient touch. A removable furry monkey key chain is an extra dash of fun to this seriously stylish satchel. From Kipling Handbags.

• Style: Cyrene
  • Three front zip pockets, one back zip pocket, top zipper closure, double handles, adjustable and removable crossbody strap, removable furry monkey key chain, silvertone hardware
  • Beige lined interior, two front slip pockets, pen slot, back slip pocket with hook-and-loop closure, key keeper
  • Measures approximately 14"W x 10"H x 4"D with a 9" handle drop and a 16" to 32" strap drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 1 oz
  • Body 100% nylon or 100% polyurethane-coated nylon; lining 100% polyester; trim 100% thermoplastic polyurethane
  • Imported
 Colors: bran (looks like taupe), flamingo pink, sparkly gold, true blue (looks like navy), and black.

Super Contributor

Kipling Nylon Front Pocket Satchel - Cyrene

It comes in 5 colors for ~$70 + $3 shipping and easy pay will be available

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Macy's today and they were having a sale on the Kipling bags. They were 20% off. If you used your Macy's card you would have received an additional % off. This is no deal.  I was surprised about this line. I thought it was handbags but I was wrong.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I went to Macy's today and they were having a sale on the Kipling bags. They were 20% off. If you used your Macy's card you would have received an additional % off. This is no deal.  I was surprised about this line. I thought it was handbags but I was wrong.

@elated- Kipling IS handbags and backpacks and totes. The TSV is a handbag. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@elated wrote:

I  don't think this TSV is a handbag. It looks like a lug bag. The material was not impressive. I still think the pricing is out of line for this product.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@elated wrote:

I  don't think this TSV is a handbag. It looks like a lug bag. The material was not impressive. I still think the pricing is out of line for this product.

The purse is a $1 and that cute adorable monkey hanging on the bag is well worth $69.   

Respected Contributor

Looks like you're carring a rag for a bag.  Only thing I want from it is the key chain, but won't waste almost 70 dollars for a key chain.  Waste of money for this bag all the way around. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated  This looks just like the LUG line but in unattractive colors.  Good heavens, how many nylon bag vendors do we need?  We've also got Travelon, more refined.  I don't need a single nylon bag. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Kipling TSV?

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty new to Kipling and recently bought a few in the Alvar style (the larger of the 2 Alvars) to take on vacation.  I bought one from Macy's online in a really cute print.  On sale and also used a coupon.  I'm back from our trip and the purse worked great.

I bought another from ebay and....oops, a 3rd directly from Kipling.  All in the same style.

To me, they're more like LeSportSac type handbags.  I don't own any Lugs, but they seem thicker and heavier to me (from what I've seen).

I was hoping the first Kipling would be one of the cute styles in cute colors and prints, but this TSV doesn't do it for me.

Oh.... and the monkey?  I took it off my Kiplings immediately and threw it away.  Apparently people collect them.  I had no idea, but I didn't want a monkey hanging from my purse.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?