Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,058
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the notion that we should assume that the first ten hits when googling are necessarily credible.

 

In fact, I have often found just the opposite to be true: Usually they are a bunch of fearmongering sites with no SCIENTIFIC, CREDIBLE peer-reviewed studies.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-06-2012

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

suzyQ3,

 

  Those 10 hits were for a very specific search string(specific down to each character).

I consider Dr. Weil and others that followed credible. Carrageenan is a known inflamatory. Try searching on Carrageenan used in lab rats or carrageenan used in animal experiments. Lots of credible sources to choose from on those. 

It wouldn't be such a big deal, but they are putting it in most all processed foods now.

It's in many of QVC's prepared foods.

Super Contributor
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎07-24-2016

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory


@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the notion that we should assume that the first ten hits when googling are necessarily credible.

 

In fact, I have often found just the opposite to be true: Usually they are a bunch of fearmongering sites with no SCIENTIFIC, CREDIBLE peer-reviewed studies.


@suzyQ3

 

I am always amazed when people consider random stuff they read on the Internet as credible without doing their own research.  When I say do their own research, I mean going to the original sources, such as research abstracts and full papers.  Anyone, including the FDA and reporters, CAN and DO TWIST DATA to fit their own agendas.  People also need to find out the details behind the study to help decide if the study results are credible (who is paying for the study, researchers outside associations with drug companies or lobby groups, number of subjects/participants, are the results replicable, etc).

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,767
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory


@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
I bought it for my Friends-giving celebration. I hope no one dies.

That would sure put a kink in the holiday festivities.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,767
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory


@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the notion that we should assume that the first ten hits when googling are necessarily credible.

 

In fact, I have often found just the opposite to be true: Usually they are a bunch of fearmongering sites with no SCIENTIFIC, CREDIBLE peer-reviewed studies.


@suzyQ3, Bonjour.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎04-22-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

We have all noticed that not that long ago we all are suffering now and then with stomach upsets. Why can't we have companies that care about keeping us healthy? Greed ! Greed!  Greed !

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,660
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
I bought it for my Friends-giving celebration. I hope no one dies.

That would sure put a kink in the holiday festivities.  Woman LOL


 

 

THat would probably keep you off the invitation list for next year!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,782
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

@Zefra

I see you are still spamming the site with your Carrageena tirade.  You have made your point.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,183
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

I did not read this whole thread because I have no need to debate. FOR ME, for MY body, carrageenan wreaks havoc. It took me a long time to find what additive or ingredient was causing flares and pain and brain fog.

 

I have several auto-immune conditions. Does carrageenan bother every person? If you feel healthy, you would not feel its effect, but what is it doing inside you is the problem. If it doesn't bother you, then it is personal choice whether you eat it or not.

 

But anyone with any autoimmune inflammatory condition will probably react to it. Who knows, maybe someone here will realize how bad it is, and maybe they feel awful after eating certain foods and have no idea why they feel terrible and can try removing it from their diet. So bringing this topic up is a good thing.

 

Reading articles on Google is one thing, some believe, some wave a hand to it. If you do not react to it, it is a non-issue for you (unless you read the long term affects studies).

 

FOR ME, (and only me I am speaking of), I read every single label for lots of reasons, but this one iingredient is on my list of "no way, no how is that going in my body because I will feel like carp within 30 minutes".

 

It is used as a preservative, and I even found it in Tom's toothpaste! The toothpaste that claims all natural and good for you. In trying to get rid of fluoride, I read the toothpaste labels too. I was so disappointed to find it in there. "ALL natural", wrong.

 

I find it is showing up in so many foods now. Yogurt, coconut yogurt, ice cream, non-dairy ice cream, so any things. It is even in many gluten free labelled foods. Sure, no gluten, but they put this in. Double edged sword.

 

It is so hard to get away from chemicals. Processed food is all chemical. Then comes the problem of fresh food being sprayed with chemicals. Even organic fresh foods have found a way to get around the laws, so you can't even totally trust "organic".

 

 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,041
Registered: ‎09-06-2014

Re: Kinski-QVC See Below, Martha Stewart Side Dishes Contain Carrageenan, A Known Inflamatory

I'll be interested to read the reviews from people who purchased this TSV.  So expensive!