Frequent Contributor

Kindly stop with the teary sales pitch.....

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness!  What is up with Shawn and the technology guy selling the Bose by explaining how many times it will make us CRY!  Violins make us cry? The technology guy talking about his divorce? Shawn talking about emotional moments?  OY!

Life is challenging enough right now - do we really need to be pelted with a sales pitch like this? 

To be honest, it feels very manipulative - and not in a light way.  

How about they play some UPBEAT music and suggest that people have some fun? Lighten it up.  Or have Amy or Vanessa sell it to us with some SPIRIT!

Please stop - this approach is just awful.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kindly stop with the teary sales pitch.....

Shawn and Jane routinley go into emotional - and unrelated- emotional pitches that are really unwatchable. So I don't. I have not watched a full QVC program in several years for a few years now for many reasons this being one of them. 

Respected Contributor

"the technology guy?"

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, leave your emotions at home please.

Honored Contributor

I already have a Bose so didn't see this presentation.  But from what was described, one of the many, many reasons I no longer watch QVC for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Honored Contributor

I can't watch Shawn.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

It feels like it's manipulative because it is. That kind of sales tactic turns me off. I don't need to feel warm & fuzzy to purchase something. Just the facts, mam.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn loves to be center of attention, which often mean playing various roles of her choice. It usually flops like today with her Drama Queen choice. Just SELL, Shawn. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

The majority of the sales pitch from all of the shopping channels that I watch (QVC, HSN or Shop HQ (which I rarely watch anymore) are over the top. They all insist you buy mutiples of fashion items especially tops. I watched Shop HQ for about 5 mins this morning and they were insisting you buy all 5 colors of a top. I have seen Jane and Isaac push buying multiple colors of tops   because of easy pay.  I never let easy pay influence my purchases either I want it or I don't.

Honored Contributor

So, my husband was listening to the sales pitch and made a comment that trying to sell the Bose experience over TV speakers was going to be a tough sell.  I told him you have to WATCH the presentation; that's the sales pitch.  They have to come up with something since they can't give an adequate demo of the sound difference on cheap TV speakers.  

In the past, I've mostly seen them emoting to whatever music they were playing, whether it be dancing to upbeat music or swaying to more emotional type music.  I rarely spend much time on something I'm not interested in, so I wasn't actually listening to the presentation.   Once I see what the TSVs are and that I'm not interested I hand the remote over to my husband so he can find something to go to sleep to.