Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Kindly stop with the teary sales pitch.....

It's a sales tactic to appeal to our emotions and it makes me crazy that people buy it.

We all have our personal sorrows but they are personal and I don't need or want to hear theirs as a sales pitch. Total turn off for me.

Respected Contributor

I agree w/ the majority of all your comments. You ladies were funny today !😂
Esteemed Contributor

How about stop watching if it upsets you.   Problem solved!!

Respected Contributor

This is why I no longer regularly watch QVC. Years ago I looked forward to a making a cup of coffee and watching a fashion program or jewelry hour. It's no longer something I do, perhaps because I've heard it all too many times and I'm not vested in any host. I especially dislike the "inspirational" or emotional sales pitches.

To me the hosts and their sales acts are more irritating than entertaining, so I avoid the aggravation. The website is where I do my buying. I do check the videos to see how the garments look on the models, and I can fast forward or mute.

Occasional Contributor

@Beautybella88 wrote:

Oh my goodness!  What is up with Shawn and the technology guy selling the Bose by explaining how many times it will make us CRY!  Violins make us cry? The technology guy talking about his divorce? Shawn talking about emotional moments?  OY!

Life is challenging enough right now - do we really need to be pelted with a sales pitch like this? 

To be honest, it feels very manipulative - and not in a light way.  

How about they play some UPBEAT music and suggest that people have some fun? Lighten it up.  Or have Amy or Vanessa sell it to us with some SPIRIT!

Please stop - this approach is just awful.

I would love to see more of Vanessa. I think she is more than ready for prime time!

Respected Contributor

You can talk about a host's approach in selling something, but bashing them personally is low.

The appeal to the emotions must work for many viewers, especially those who are hurting emotionally.

Valued Contributor

It's just a shopping channel- TURN it off

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue  I understand what you are saying and agree that there are plenty of viewers who react to these emotional sales tactics. I personally have no respect for those hosts who use that as a selling tactic.  There are some seasoned hosts who I will not name that never do this.  It seems to be the same host that does this a lot. I feel for the lonely people who buy into it and purchase things they would not necessarily purchase otherwise. I happen to know a few elderly who do this.

Respected Contributor

I've seen these emotional pitches and they are cringey (and borderline inappropriate). I saw one for "faith" based jewelry, and I was so turned off that I have never viewed that host in the same light since.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just another reason why I watch so little of qvc programming and in particular the hosts. Over the top , inappropriate sales pitches. Channel changer for sure. And the Q wonders why they have been loosing money. Less watching means less sales.