Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2015 circles said:

How annoying are the ads on the Kindle??? I don't have any on my Nook...and my Samsung only does it once when I first sign on...

I bought a tablet...not sure what kind...but the ads were continuous and I sent it back...

Anyone able to let me know how often they pop up....TIA...

I have a kindle and pop ups aren't an issue.
Frequent Contributor
A Kindle purchased without Special Offers will not have popups (and will cost a little more). A Kindle WITH Special Offers has ads on the screen when the device locks and/or other times. I don't recall exactly what my Kindle did before I paid the fee to Unsubscribe. The ads were far from constant, but enough to be annoying.
Super Contributor
On 4/7/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

You've got cloud storage too, and the advantage of cloud storage is everything there is accessible to all your other devices.

Only if it is "FREE"! Some offer The Cloud for storage

but it is only free for a limited time... Make sure when

you hear that "Cloud Storage" is offered you do not

have to pay a monthly charge..

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/7/2015 Kzeks said:

You've got cloud storage too, and the advantage of cloud storage is everything there is accessible to all your other devices.

do you speak of this Kindle that we may have to pay for Cloud storage...they haven't mention that....that would stink if they held that back during the presentations...

Valued Contributor
On 4/7/2015 circles said:
On 4/7/2015 Sandgirl said:
On 4/7/2015 tough_kitty said: BTW, Amazon offers "easy pay" on Kindles now too, plus free shipping. The only extra you get here is the cover....

I couldn't find this on Amazon, can you provide a link maybe? THANK YOU!

I would like the link, too....Thank you...

Sorry if I'm too late. Been busy working all day. Here is the link to the same Kindle sold as TSV. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKPYKWG/ref=fs_fas and on top you can select other models. Once you add it to your cart, it will give you option to choose from. Also, I think the 5 easy pay option might be for selected customers. I have the Amazon Store credit card with them so that's probably why I see this offer.
Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2015 Kzeks said:

This Kindle comes with FREE unlimited cloud storage, per Amazon.

Respected Contributor

In case you skipped the 8gb color Kindle, the Paperwhite (e-ink, black and white) is on sale for two days for ninety-nine. This is the one with a light built in that you can read on the beach. I'm tempted--it has longer battery life and it is readable in bright light.