Honored Contributor
In case anyone is considering this one, please check out the FAQs on the item page. It says: Q: What is the storage capacity? A: 8GB internal (4.5 GB available to user). 4.5 GB of space is not much to be running apps, storing pictures, videos, books, or music. Something to consider. I bought an 8GB tablet last year and filled it up in no time at all. As soon as I realized that, I returned it and got a 16GB Kindle Fire HDX tablet I'm very happy with.
Esteemed Contributor

This tablet would be a great e-reader with 4.5 GB of free space. You should check Amazon's site for HD and HDX products with more storage options.

Contributor

I was given one for Christmas and like it very much. It is a great price!

Valued Contributor
Kindle HDX has a MUCH better resolution.
Respected Contributor

You've got cloud storage too, and the advantage of cloud storage is everything there is accessible to all your other devices.

Valued Contributor
BTW, Amazon offers "easy pay" on Kindles now too, plus free shipping. The only extra you get here is the cover....
Super Contributor

Hubby is needing a lightweight tablet mainly for travel to check his email. Think this would work? He isn't into gaming, downloading books, etc.

Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2015 expatgal said:

Hubby is needing a lightweight tablet mainly for travel to check his email. Think this would work? He isn't into gaming, downloading books, etc.

Yes, it's great for checking email on the go. I used my old Kindle while on vacation.

Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2015 tough_kitty said: BTW, Amazon offers "easy pay" on Kindles now too, plus free shipping. The only extra you get here is the cover....

I couldn't find this on Amazon, can you provide a link maybe? THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2015 nutmeg3 said:

This tablet would be a great e-reader with 4.5 GB of free space. You should check Amazon's site for HD and HDX products with more storage options.

I don't like it as an eReader. I have a Kindle HDX and a Kindle Paperwhite and much prefer the Paperwhite for reading because it's easier on the eyes and I can read without worrying about glare. The Paperwhite is also lighter, which makes it easier to hold with one hand or carry in a bag. The Paperwhite also uses much less battery power because it doesn't need a backlight, so I charge it maybe once a month, once every 2-3 weeks if I leave wi-fi on and am tearing through books. The Kindle Fires need to be charged more often because they are backlit, so even if all you do is read, it goes through the charge much faster.

If you read a lot of magazines, then you might get more enjoyment from the color screen of the Kindle Fire. Other than that, if you want a dedicated eReader, I would go with the Paperwhite. It's the same price and Amazon has free shipping.