Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21   Shawn wears at least one size too small these days.   Looks like she's gained some Covid weight over the last year so I wouldn't use her as a barometer.  Leah looks nice in the shorts.  She has good legs.   I heard Leah they they've sold 55,000,pairs since midnight so apparently there are enough people confident about their legs to buy them.  I have too many age spots on my calves  which I am self conscious about and a varicose vein on my left calf that is unattractive.  I think the shorts are cute but not for me

Trusted Contributor

My old age heavy legs with their lovely purple veins have not seen shorts in many a decade. I stick to capris, leggings, and slim pants. 

Honored Contributor

No shorts in public for me...well except for the beach.  However when I cross that barrier island and back onto the mainland my knees are covered.

I do think they are cute and like the camo shorts.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel tsv

[ Edited ]

I just measured the shorts I currently have and they were both 9" which seems ok, I like 10" also. I cuffed them up to see what 8" looked like, didn't think they were as flattering on me. I did also go on waitlist for the Democracy ones on HSN from yesterday, which seemed a bit longer than I might usually wear, but they at least had petites, and I didn't mind the "to the knee" look with the narrower leg.

Truly...if I were back in the stores in full force, I wouldn't be bothering with all this guess work online...I like to try on, pants especially! SO many variables...the waist vs. the hips, the length, the style, the cut, the "in between sizes now" due to Covid pounds...I cancelled the KG denim version of the TSV I was on waitlist for. I'm still on waitlist for the white and considering. I don't mind going a bit shorter for the white for some reason.

However, Amy Stran, who is my height and one size down...doesn't even look cute in these, and she looks cute in everything! The leg looks too wide, kinda "farmer Johnish"to me.

I've got some Loft, and Kohl's Apt 9 9" denims still look good, and a Tribal dressier 9" white pair...they may be what I'm wearing again this summer. Plus I tend to wear more dresses than shorts now anyway.

ps. Shaun looks to be a solid size 6 to me lately, nothing wrong with that, unless you're wearing a 2? Not sure how she looked in them, but either tight or these run big! 

Super Contributor

cjc19 and others who are over a certain age (not saying)---

I haven't worn shorts even this "long" in ages.  My baby boomer legs and knees aren't short-ready, so to speak.  I stick with pedal pushers for the shorter length and prefer capris and/or crops with sandals or sneakers and sock inserts for warm weather.  I have gotten her pants in those lengths in Flexibelle and like them.  However, I'm noticing that the long jeans of hers are gradually fading and wearing out more than I thought they would.  So last week I got some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and they seem to be a little heavier and sturdier.  Of course, those GV jeans aren't pull-on which I do like in Belle's jeans.  (I do wish some women would look at themselves in the mirror before going out shopping in warmer weather though.  It's like they don't care about how they appear to themselves or others.) Just my two cents....

Esteemed Contributor

I would be interested in the TSV if they were close to the leg.  I would love to see them on a plus model, their legs.  They cut off the shots at the end of the pants, so the viewer can't see how they fit around the thighs.  They seem to fit Shawn and Leah OK.  Amy is swimming in them.  Has anyone see a full shot of legs on a plus size?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

I can't imagine that Shawn wears a 2 in anything. She has said she weighs 140 so not happening.

I weigh 128 and wear an 8 and have a small waist.

Valued Contributor

I saw Teliea in a full shot and she wore size 8.  Looked good on her.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely wear shorts anymore unless I am at the beach.  These look nice, but a pass for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Racheal wears the shorts better than anyone. She is on the styling video.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan