Super Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel show foundation shades

Hey QVC, hire me- LOL

I've been shopping with you since I was actually young.  Have bought almost every Beauty TSV you've ever had (know a lot about makeup).  I would swatch my forearm with all the foundation/cosmetic colors on every presentation.  Then I could answer questions on social media about what color to order.  I would give Serious John a run for his money!

Seriously though, I have been buying makeup from you for at least 20 years.  A picture, or a swatch, is worth a thousand words!   In the past, hosts or models would have color swatches on their  forearms.  It made it easy to see what the best color would be.  Please spend more time on the color selection.  That is the big choice that needs to be made when ordering.  The formulation might be great, but if the color is off, it is a no go!  It will save you from a lot of returns as well!

Honored Contributor

Kim has been active on her Instagram throughout the day today so maybe it would be best to go to her Insta page and make a request or ask a question.

Esteemed Contributor

I have finally found my holy grail foundation and I’m not wasting money on others.  I have Hover Cover and it doesn’t work on me.

Regular Contributor

Just received the TSV and was hopeful the foundation color was going to work. It did. Remember she said Medium Tan was for those whose skin tanned easily? So that was my cue to order that color and it works perfect. I am loving it esp with the brush and the buffing action.  The lip liner and gloss are really a great color on my senior citizen aged skin. Glad I bought her kit.  Can use everything. No regrets in buying her kit. 

Honored Contributor

@retiredgal69 

Mine arrived yesterday, thrilled with every item. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mine arrived yesterday. I got the medium tan and it is great. It is definitely different and once you apply it you don’t know you have it on. I was concerned it would be drying but it isn’t and it has gray cover except for one dark spot on my lower cheek. Not crazy about the eye shadow colors but I love the lip pencil and blush except it has a taste I am not crazy about. The mascara brush is fabulous. No clumping.
Honored Contributor

I hope I get my TSV tomorrow.  The tracking shows it is in Illinois--I'm on west coast.   QVC's shipping is way too slow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received mine yesterday but just opened it this morning before work so I didn't have time to play.  I did put a tiny bit of foundation on the back of my head just to see the color.  

My body is very tan but my face is not.  Against my hand the color is way too light.  It's definitely not overly yellow though as some posters said. And it felt really nice.  Not thick and cakey.

Occasional Contributor

Received my set yesterday and it's on it's way back. The foundation pump did not work. I had to unscrew the cap and apply it. This foundation made my face look terribly dry and I did not like it at all. The color, medium, was ok. I did not bother trying anything else in the kit. I will stick with my IT cosmetics as that brand works for me. Everyone's skin is different and some things do not work for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope ... I will stick with my Mac makeup. Thank you very much.