Super Contributor

Kim Gravel show foundation shades

We need the shades swatched (other brands will do this on a host or model's forearm).  The most important thing we need to know is what shade to order.  The shade chart is confusing.  I look like the fair and light model.  Would be so nice to see them swatched to figure out what one to order.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel show foundation shades

She said one the first one had a pink undertone and the second had a yellow undertone.

Should be easy to figure out what you need.

Honored Contributor

@Linds7I don't really buy make-up any longer so I rarely watch those shows, but last night at midnight, I did see about 10 minutes after the TSV presentation.  During that span, Gravell did swatch a lipstick trio on her hand.  I turned the TV off and went to bed before they got to the foundation, but I agree -  I'd never buy foundation ever again just from a chart -  it's tough enough to decide seeing a few shades on different faces!

Super Contributor

And yet the fair model looks quite warm toned.  Would love to see them swatched on an arm like they do at Sephora.  And I think IT cosmetics does it.  Some of the brands do.  Guess I just won't order.  I've seen two presentations, wanted to order auto delivery, but don't know if I am fair or light., 

Honored Contributor

@Linds7 and others - I haven't seen any of the presentations yet, but this might help a little. My daughter is always Fair. She has a "Nicole Kidman" complexion; she is fair and cool-toned. I am always Light. I'm usually the second to the lightest shade in any makeup line, and I am warm complected. 

This may not apply to Kim's line, but I took a chance and ordered the Light. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered Light and changed it to Fair.  I am not "Nicole Kidman" fair, but those wearing light were not my skin color.  They, again on beauty shows, are not doing a good job of showing the shades.  The "chart" wasn't good and sometimes they fail to say what the model or host is wearing.  I'll take  a chance this time.  Haven't been ordering much from QVC lately, but want to try this.  Would not have ordered if there was a shipping cost.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope that you all get a good shade match!  I am able to order from Sephora because most of the foundations are swatched on the forearm in the pictures.  I can wear fair or light.  My sister can wear light or medium.  It helps to see swatches.  And I am luckily neutral (not really yellow or pink) which makes it a little easier.  The free return if the color doesn't match doesn't work when a shade sells out, and is a pain to deal with.  I am happy for the ladies that know their shade and can order easily.  It's harder for us girls that fall between two shades.  I just wish they would talk more about the shades.  Or, swatch them on a model's forearm.  Or, at the very least, have one model wearing each color during the presentation.  It would also avoid a lot of returns.  I look like both the fair and light model in the face pictures.  And the fair model has a warmer complexion than the light model.  The light model actually looks more pink.  The pictures we are supposed to go by are Very confusing!  I hope that those of you that got the TSV love it and wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

Feel confident with medium, not only the shade, fact spot application. In my life never applied foundation "full coverage" instead spot areas. Found Kim to be very precise with shade information. Not sure why? Some are having trouble. 

Super Contributor

You are probably universal medium.  Lucky you!  Some of us fall between two shades.  And some are very fair and the lightest shade will be too dark.  Some are very pink or yellow.  Swatches on a forearm help.s2088276-av-03-zoom.jpgarm helps.  You can see two shades close together and pick the best one.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linds7 

But, The swatches will look different on everyone. Because no two skin tones are the same.