Trusted Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

With all the ill affects from plastics, I wll continue to use my stainless steel percolator...still going strong for 50 years.

@Beauty$Junkie    I have held onto my percolator too.  I think it makes the best coffee.  I do, however, have a Keurig...but I know it is on it's last leg since it is an older model.  Even some of the newer models get poor reviews.   Plus the pods are getting more and more expensive.   

Trusted Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal  I have had a couple of Keurigs over the years and they have been great.  My husband only drinks hazelnut and I like a variety of coffee. So this works perfect for us.  

I'm so glad some of you are "morally and environmentally" superior to me since I don't want to make two gigantic pots that will go to waste.  The reason people like it IS the fact it's quick and efficient and you can get a variety of different things with it.  I use the hot water feature to make tea, oatmeal, hot chocolate, soup etc.   I find the whole "the younger generation wants it now" thing very rude.  We have jobs to get to we are not retired and this provides a hot beverage in a minute and be out the door and not have to deal with a huge pot of leftovers that go to waste and poured down the drain.  And I'm 62 years young and still working. 

Please don't "shame" people who prefer a different method of coffee brewing.  We understand the Keurig is not "gourmet" coffee like your "percolator".  I don't question your "pricey" purchases.  Cook, brew, and enjoy your drinks and food how you like them but please don't stoop to shaming people.   I love the "old" style percolator coffee but it doesn't work for my husband and I.  This does.  We love ours.  

Please enjoy your morning cup however you make it.  I raise my mug to all those who enjoy their cup of whatever in the  morning!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal  I have had a couple of Keurigs over the years and they have been great.  My husband only drinks hazelnut and I like a variety of coffee. So this works perfect for us.  

I'm so glad some of you are "morally and environmentally" superior to me since I don't want to make two gigantic pots that will go to waste.  The reason people like it IS the fact it's quick and efficient and you can get a variety of different things with it.  I use the hot water feature to make tea, oatmeal, hot chocolate, soup etc.   I find the whole "the younger generation wants it now" thing very rude.  We have jobs to get to we are not retired and this provides a hot beverage in a minute and be out the door and not have to deal with a huge pot of leftovers that go to waste and poured down the drain.  And I'm 62 years young and still working. 

Please don't "shame" people who prefer a different method of coffee brewing.  We understand the Keurig is not "gourmet" coffee like your "percolator".  I don't question your "pricey" purchases.  Cook, brew, and enjoy your drinks and food how you like them but please don't stoop to shaming people.   I love the "old" style percolator coffee but it doesn't work for my husband and I.  This does.  We love ours.  

Please enjoy your morning cup however you make it.  I raise my mug to all those who enjoy their cup of whatever in the  morning!  Smiley Happy

Well said! I hate to be scolded! Spend your $ the way you want and don't complain when others do the same. 

Respected Contributor

@processing wrote:
@Firecat1984. I have never understood why people are willing so much for a cup of coffee. These Keurigs, and all machines like them, do not efficiently drain the flavor of coffee from the coffee grounds and waste a LOT of coffee. Coffee is very expensive right now, too. I only ever use One brand/flavor of coffee so this is useless to me even if I used the keurig kcup it would still be wasteful. I will forever keep my drip coffee maker and enjoy multiple cups of coffee in the morning using less coffee grounds than this cute little machine.

Because many only want one cup and want it quick. Pure and simple and nothing to clean. Many make their one cup into a travel mug on their way out the door to work.

Respected Contributor

So I have a 5 cup auto drip coffee maker and the Keurig mini (one cup at a time) I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I like two large mugs every morning. I may be weird but I alternate between both machines. 🤓

Every few months I switch. I like the drip coffee maker for the ability to use cheaper ground coffee if I want to. For example the Aldi brand tastes just as good as any higher price brand, to me. The Keurig allows me to make coffee without cleanup. 

Harmonize the World